What do we do for hobbies?

Ride my motorcycle (street), RZR (dirt), boating, going to my oldest son's concerts (and other live music), and family time (especially now that I'm a g-pa).

Reactions: Chris
I build microcontroller, and other assorted electronic gadgets

Has the white house called to have you come for a visit lately?

Ahmed-Mohammed-Clock.jpg

:D

Reactions: Chris and Serbonze
I've been lucky enough to be in Colorado for the last 3 years, where there are a ton of hobbies with which to to involve oneself. I'm a family guy, so spending time with my wife and daughter are my chief priorities. But if I'm not wheeling or wrenching on the Jeep, I'm mountain-biking, skiing, camping, hiking, going to concerts, or checking out new local breweries.

Since its currently ski season, I've been spending about 1 day/week on the slopes:
96D864F3-0DAF-4EE6-84BB-5422DA501633_zpsrrlvvkjt.jpg
827C2C39-FD6F-471F-A8F8-80D91ADD85BD_zpsqcncvqt7.jpg

I've done a lot of mountain-biking the last two summers. Earlier this season, I picked up my first full-suspension bike. Its a Giant Stance 27.5 2:
3C9DAB1C-DB04-407B-97F0-654CADD7D087_zpsdepzzs4q.jpg
966D19DA-CEB7-4D9E-A776-8DDE3BD8B39E_zpszvsmq1fh.jpg

I've been lucky enough to be in Colorado for the last 3 years, where there are a ton of hobbies with which to to involve oneself. I'm a family guy, so spending time with my wife and daughter are my chief priorities. But if I'm not wheeling or wrenching on the Jeep, I'm mountain-biking, skiing, camping, hiking, going to concerts, or checking out new local breweries.

Since its currently ski season, I've been spending about 1 day/week on the slopes:
View attachment 1600
View attachment 1601

I've done a lot of mountain-biking the last two summers. Earlier this season, I picked up my first full-suspension bike. Its a Giant Stance 27.5 2:
View attachment 1602
View attachment 1603

Beautiful scenery! I'd love to live in Colorado.

I've been skiing for over 28 years. I had to stop since I tore my meniscus... What a shame because I really miss skiing.

I've never been short of things to do when not working. I've built and raced off road cars, restored British sports cars, built trailers and been into sports (skiing, tennis, hockey, lacrosse, basketball, etc.) for most of my life. I've coached, refereed and have run lacrosse teams and leagues as an executive for years. I was a Scout leader for as long as my sons were still interested. Lots of camping and outdoor activities (still doing it). Unfortunately my interest lasted much longer than theirs. I've been attending sports car races since I was in high school and still do. I saw most the current vintage race cars when they were new.

I retired 4 years ago and it's been all hobby time ever since. I'm never going to complete all of the projects I have lined up and in my mind. I'm starting to hope that reincarnation is real! I've recently taken up kayaking and fishing and got back into biking. I'm also playing more tennis but nothing close to what I did in my 30's. My advice to those who haven't retired is ... DON'T DO IT! It's too much work. Every time I want to take some time off I can't. I wake up every day and it's the same thing ... RETIRED!

Mtnbiking and backpacking have been lifelong passions of mine and are still frontrunners.
As I've gotten older i find i love to vist the tropics with my wife.....she absolutely loves to travel, it's her passion.

Mine are now simple but fun. Shooting my pistols, turkey hunting, photography and of course running around in the jeep. The picture below was on a road trip up to the visitor center at Mount Rainier. Kind on a fun image and for some to figure out how and where as yes that is the top of the mountain!!
the-peak.jpg

Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris
Hiking, fishing, hunting, and fixing whatever I can. Small engines and motorcycles especially, but I haven't replaced the last bike I built, since my son was born I couldn't find a reason to ride something I couldn't take him along with. Part of why I traded the XJ for a TJ.
I tried to get and fix some boats, but they are money pits.

Reactions: Kyle_W
I've never been short of things to do when not working. I've built and raced off road cars, restored British sports cars, built trailers and been into sports (skiing, tennis, hockey, lacrosse, basketball, etc.) for most of my life. I've coached, refereed and have run lacrosse teams and leagues as an executive for years. I was a Scout leader for as long as my sons were still interested. Lots of camping and outdoor activities (still doing it). Unfortunately my interest lasted much longer than theirs. I've been attending sports car races since I was in high school and still do. I saw most the current vintage race cars when they were new.

I retired 4 years ago and it's been all hobby time ever since. I'm never going to complete all of the projects I have lined up and in my mind. I'm starting to hope that reincarnation is real! I've recently taken up kayaking and fishing and got back into biking. I'm also playing more tennis but nothing close to what I did in my 30's. My advice to those who haven't retired is ... DON'T DO IT! It's too much work. Every time I want to take some time off I can't. I wake up every day and it's the same thing ... RETIRED!

Us Boy Scouts appreciate the parents who repeatedly sacrifice their time for the benefit of our experience in scouting. Thank you!

Did you go through scouting when you were younger?

View attachment 1600
View attachment 1601

View attachment 1602
View attachment 1603

I would love to live in a place like that - would you say it's completely worth it? Does the temperature get old?

(I do love Texas, but I love places like Colorado, Arkansas, and Oregon as well)