What do you drive besides your Jeep?

We go to Texas, or AZ in Nov. then Curacao every Feb. to escape the winter weather. I'm hoping Bernie doesn't win, I don't want to lose my spy gig then I'll be spending my winters outside in a breadline.
Love Curacao. We haven't been down in a few years now. Heck, it was growing up last time we went. They had street signs and everything. I remember going when you had to watch for the painted rock on the side of the road marking the trail to the beach.

I usually drive my tow rig, 2008 Chevy Duramax 1 ton or my skateboards

74BD1197-2FC4-4F72-B98E-808384190280.jpeg

C7A30FF0-188E-4E97-825B-A509F6589DD7.jpeg

Love Curacao. We haven't been down in a few years now. Heck, it was growing up last time we went. They had street signs and everything. I remember going when you had to watch for the painted rock on the side of the road marking the trail to the beach.
I like going to safe islands where you don't need to stay right at the resort. My fav beach on Curacao is Playa Lagun.

Playa Lagun.jpg

An 05 Chevy Avalanche. Its been my DD for close to 10 yrs. Almost 200k miles on the stock 5.3. Tows great with 4.10s. 4l60e was rebuilt at 155k.

Now that the Wrangler is near a good DD, I'm thinking I'd like to run a turbo on the Av. Mostly for towing so maybe run 6-8 psi boost. Will be a bitchin project.

IMG_20190504_163410222_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190504_125235265.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
BUSHRVN, what brand of lift/rack is supporting your boat?
I built it myself. I’m a fabricator and I like figuring these kinds of things out. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. We can’t pull two trailers at once into our neighbouring province of BC (where the nice lakes and rivers are)otherwise I would’ve just gotten a toyhauler fifth wheel. So up the boat goes so I can go to BC with one truck, boat and atv’s, wife, three kids and two labs.
I’m right at the max rating for the trucks rear axle when loaded at about 10,000 lbs.
I don’t think I’d want to sell these things unless I knew the persons driving skill because it’s obviously top heavy and if the trucks not set up right, you’d be on the side in no time. I’ve added a 1 3/8” diameter rear sway bar, 7500lb air bags and I’ve made my own overload leaf spring spacers so that the overloads are carrying weight without the truck dropping 3” before they contact the spring perches.
So far I’ve never been bothered by a DOT and I’ve been all over BC, Sask and Alberta. I’m at or under weight on all axles and still 10,000lbs under the trucks max GCWR of 39G so they can’t really nail me for anything. 12’-10” to the top of the motor.
It gets to be hard to get away from gas stations due to the onlookers, and a crowd gathering while backing the RV into a site. LOL.

Last edited:
Yep, it’s the firewood/hay hauler, but sometimes it’s just fun to drive, it’s in the middle of a power disc brake conversion right now that I just havent had time to finish.
It's hard not to love an old pickup. Everything that's primitive and archaic about them is exactly what makes 'em so damn endearing. (y)

This is my other deck that I’ve built that I use for certain camping destinations.
2-2 ups, kids 90cc, two canoes, two kyaks, honda 3000IS generator mounted up top, quad trailer hanging under the canoes, dog kennel off the back, 230 Litre fuel tank and 150 litre water tank under the deck.(on my previous truck)
0EC40D30-97F6-4669-A11C-A387F8B7DD50.jpeg

I have a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Not bad really, good on the road and a fairly capable 4wd. Uses less gas than my TJ, get about 19-20 mpg in town and 22 on the highway. I find I'm driving the FJ more and more in town because the roads in Albuquerque are so bad driving the TJ has become torture with all the ruts, cracks and pot holes.

This is my other deck that I’ve built that I use for certain camping destinations.
2-2 ups, kids 90cc, two canoes, two kyaks, honda 3000IS generator mounted up top, quad trailer hanging under the canoes, dog kennel off the back, 230 Litre fuel tank and 150 litre water tank under the deck.(on my previous truck)
View attachment 136246
Looks like an Alaska Highway rig . . . . where's your four spare tires ? :cool:

Forgot to add the coolest features
5spd manual with manual transfer case and no sunroof, long bed with bench seating.

Took four months of searching the Internet to find this truck. Ended up finding it on the local parking-lot forsale lot when my wife pointed at it and said that looks nice.