What do you guys think is the best aftermarket soft top?

Bamacon

TJ Enthusiast
I am going to need new windows and for the price I might just get a whole top with windows although my factory top is in great shape. Several on the market just want the most bang for my buck.

Bestop Sailcloth Replace-A-Top. The Sailcloth soft top from Bestop is what the factory installed onto our TJs. :)

X2 to this. This is hands down the BEST soft top you can get, no ifs, ands or buts.

It costs a lot, but you get what you pay for.

Do you need all the windows replaced. I just got new door skins for $89 for the pair.
I do need all the windows my rubicon came with the dual top option and the previous owner lost the box with the windows in it. The soft top was still on under the hard top when I got the jeep. I use the soft top in summer and hard top in winter.

Oh yeah, Twill is one step above Sailcloth and it's really the shit!

Bestop is the only brand with windows that will work on factory tops. Also, not sure what year you have, but there were changes in materials and zippers. Up until 01 the factory color was Black Denim, 02 & up was Black Diamond. 2000 & 2001 had a 3 layer sailcloth, 02 & up had a 2 layer sailcloth. Zippers on windows up until 01 were opposite (1 side window had male 1/2 and the other side window had female 1/2) on 02 & up the the zippers were the same on both sides. I found all this out after TONS of research and shopping. I ended up going for the Bestop Sailcloth and I couldn't be happier ! Hope this helps.

I'm partial to the bestop trektop. Currently running a framless rampage top, works OK.

Thanks for all the info after looking at my options I think I will just get new windows as my top is still in great shape. Do you think the bestop replacement windows are up to par? Anyone have any experience with their replacement windows going on a factory top? Thanks

Thanks for all the info after looking at my options I think I will just get new windows as my top is still in great shape. Do you think the bestop replacement windows are up to par? Anyone have any experience with their replacement windows going on a factory top? Thanks

Bestop replacement windows are basically factory replacement windows (since Bestop is the OEM supplier to Jeep / Chrysler for the soft tops). So yes, they are more than up to par.

Reactions: Stinger
The Bestop replacement windows that I bought were a little thinner than my OEM were. The window themselves, and the fabric. They tend to wrinkle a bit where the flap overlaps the zipper too. Not quite up to OEM, at least mine aren't. But I did get them for $100 off of Craiglist, so no complaints. Here is what I got...
Bestop Windows.jpg

The Bestop replacement windows that I bought were a little thinner than my OEM were. The window themselves, and the fabric. They tend to wrinkle a bit where the flap overlaps the zipper too. Not quite up to OEM, at least mine aren't. But I did get them for $100 off of Craiglist, so no complaints. Here is what I got...View attachment 3039
Thanks Ron that is what I am looking for.