What do you have for streaming services?

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
I'm thinking about dropping Hulu. I have Sling, Paramount+, Peacock, and Prime. I would dump Prime TV because I never watch it but we buy to much crap from Amazon.

What do you guys have?

Hulu, Prime, the wife just started an Apple TV trial. Getting ready to axe DirecTV, I like it but entirely too expensive. I'm a big sports fan so thats the main reason I still have DirecTV.

Reactions: AFF
We moved into a new house in July and at first just used Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, YouTube, and Disney+ for the kids.

I wanted to watch some college football so I ended up getting YouTubeTV and really like it.

I'll need to do an assessment in a couple months of what to keep.

Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN are included with my Verizon phone plan.

Have Prime and Netflix too.

Mostly watch YouTube and pay to not see commercials on it which was money well spent.

Reactions: taylormade73
We moved into a new house in July and at first just used Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, YouTube, and Disney+ for the kids.

I wanted to watch some college football so I ended up getting YouTubeTV and really like it.

I'll need to do an assessment in a couple months of what to keep.

I had YouTube TV right up until they went to high, so I switched to Sling.

Hulu, Prime, the wife just started an Apple TV trial. Getting ready to axe DirecTV, I like it but entirely too expensive. I'm a big sports fan so thats the main reason I still have DirecTV.

I told DIRECTV where they could stick it when they once again told me something wasn't going to effect my bill and then they raised it $10 a month, I had been with them since 1993 and ended it last march. now I have FUBO and am happy with it !

I told DIRECTV where they could stick it when they once again told me something wasn't going to effect my bill and then they raised it $10 a month, I had been with them since 1993 and ended it last march. now I have FUBO and am happy with it !

Yea they keep offering a better deal when we want to end it. But once they lose NFL Sunday Ticket I'll probably move on. I like to get Bally Sports AZ, ACC network, all the ESPN channels, NHL Network, probably hard to find all of them individually.

Wife takes care of it, I *think* the only thing she's running right now is Netflix and Discovery+. She had "Sling" for awhile, but I guess she didn't watch it enough and/or they raised the price? *shrug*

Directv for live TV.

Streaming: Netflix, Prime, Disney, HBO Max (included with Directv)

Mostly watch Netflix. Though I'm watching 24 on Prime with commercials. My dad finally wanted prime setup on his TV because of Thursday night football. So I expect a phone call every Thursday around game time lol. TNF has been mostly crappy games. I heard a local radio DJ talking about how great TNF on Prime is. I definitely disagree. You can't record or pause the game which sets us back about 20 years. If I didn't already have Prime included, I would cancel it.

Yea they keep offering a better deal when we want to end it. But once they lose NFL Sunday Ticket I'll probably move on. I like to get Bally Sports AZ, ACC network, all the ESPN channels, NHL Network, probably hard to find all of them individually.

yea they tried that with me, but i was too pissed off to even consider it. every time they'd call me and say they were upgrading their system and i needed a new box, I asked 3 times "so this is not going to raise my bill" "oh no sir it will stay the same" new bill comes and they raised it $10 a month 🤬🤬🤬 when I 1st started with them my bill was about $90 for 2 boxes. when I was done with them after 29yrs it was $145 for 1 TV with basic pkg . I called them and told them they had finally nickled and dimed me all they could and stop my service and that $10 that wasn't supposed to change my bill had cost them a 29 yr customer who never missed a payment 🖕🖕 now I pay I think $70 and get local channels too with fubo :)

yea they tried that with me, but i was too pissed off to even consider it. every time they'd call me and say they were upgrading their system and i needed a new box, I asked 3 times "so this is not going to raise my bill" "oh no sir it will stay the same" new bill comes and they raised it $10 a month 🤬🤬🤬 when I 1st started with them my bill was about $90 for 2 boxes. when I was done with them after 29yrs it was $145 for 1 TV with basic pkg . I called them and told them they had finally nickled and dimed me all they could and stop my service and that $10 that wasn't supposed to change my bill had cost them a 29 yr customer who never missed a payment 🖕🖕 now I pay I think $70 and get local channels too with fubo :)

They all seem to do that. Had Cox communications for 16 years, excellent wifi. But it got to the point the bill was $204 & we had nothing?!! Just regular cable & not even a DVR then they started with Data Overages?!! I thought that was just a Verizon scam, home internet with extra data charges?!! Bill was $300 one month & that was it.

Reactions: tr21triton
They all seem to do that. Had Cox communications for 16 years, excellent wifi. But it got to the point the bill was $204 & we had nothing?!! Just regular cable & not even a DVR then they started with Data Overages?!! I thought that was just a Verizon scam, home internet with extra data charges?!! Bill was $300 one month & that was it.

I understand prices go up, but when they tell you their updating their system and you need a new box to get their service and it wont effect your bill, then you get a bill charging you $10 more ! they did that to me a few times over the years with them !

I'll spare you my Tivo and Spectrum CATV rant. We gave up direct TV nearly two years ago.

We have Prime. Misc free apps. Roku, etc. We have a network drive I can pull up on all of the tvs in the house that is loaded with 2TB of movies. Even with two kids thats enough. The kids watch YouTube kids on their tablets but we limit that shit because it does bad things to their minds/attitudes when they are on it for more than an hour or so.

Edit: I forgot to add that our Samsung TV has a free TV app that's basically free cable TV. We use that occasionally.

Last edited:
We pay for Prime and the Disney+ bundle that includes Hulu. We share our logins with my parents, who pay for Netflix and share with us.

Peacock comes with our internet service.

Is TiVo still a thing? Always thought it was stupid at best.

I had Tivo so that I wouldn't have to rent a box from Spectrum. I refuse to rent equipment. They will not allow you to bring your own cable box unless it is Tivo. Per FCC they have to offer one alternative...Tivo is it. Tivo sucks...Spectrum sucks...don't ask me why because it's a whole thread by itself.

• Haha
Reactions: Claybirdd