What do you think about 42k for this TJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$42K.... but it looks like there are no more mods to do. It even has a Hemi.
Pretty ugly welding for $42K. But York air might balance that off.

This one sold on Barrett Jackson for $39K... I thought that was over the top.
It was under 10K miles too.

If you want low mileage and rust free with tons of mods..... $$$$

224191_Front_3-4_Web.jpg.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Little pricy.. I would think you could build for 1/2 that maybe

Little pricy.. I would think you could build for 1/2 that maybe
20K with dana 60s?
I don't think so.
The rock jock D60s are $7K+ each!
Not for me but I don't think the price is too bad. That's allot of good stuff, good expensive stuff. If it's registered and legal in CA it is not unreasonably priced at all.

I would start with a salvage jeep and that way I am not worried if I have to run over a few trees on one of my runs. I would also get used dana 60's and build them up, but I like to build almost as much as I like to shoot my 45 acp or my .30 Cal M1. I would be afraid to drive a $42K jeep because I might scratch the paint.

And they are super easy on old vehicles?
No, I just cant afford to trash a newer vehicle, I dont feel as bad if I hurt a 15 year old vehicle with a salvage title that I rebuilt and may or may not have matching body panels. I will have about $13-15K into my TJ, synergy/core 4x4/Elockers/atlas/Woody....

I cant justify doing the same mods to a new JL and then trash it or break it...

In the grand scheme of things that's really not a lot of money when you consider what a well optioned JL or JL Rubicon goes for. If you want the old school look of the TJ plus all its quirks, that's practically a new vehicle for the same price as a 2019.

Good luck building one for that price! Jeep + Parts Is likely $42k. Builds like this in a home garage are probably a 2 year projects. If you want Hemi, 40s, 60s, coilovers and 2 years in the garage have fun. Or write one big check and enjoy it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.