What do you think of these fenders?

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I saw these MC overlines painted to body match. I know, I know, someone will just say this is a JK take off, but the Sahara and earlier Jeeps had the same color fender flares. So my question is, what do you think about this look? I don’t like the front stinger.

9445B317-3A2F-497D-B95A-460D61718298.jpeg

Reactions: jae and Squatch
Looks good IMO. I like the steel style fenders to match in color. They are a "fender/body part" as opposed to the plastic flare, if that makes sense.

Reactions: JMT
Looks very nice to me. I am not a fan of the bare aluminum or steel look. Body color or black looks better IMO.

They look good to me. I don't always like color-matched aftermarket fenders but those do look good.

Last edited:
I like them body colored, maybe black for the flare if you choose to add their flares.
I thought about doing this. That would keep the stock color pattern as closely as possible. Do the fenders flame red to match my TJ, including the vent behind the front wheel, and the flares black. I think it would look nice. My wife thought so too. Too much black if you go all the way and possibly too much red if you do a full color match.

Not a fan. I like stock fender flares... I really do. I'm in the minority there I think.

But on those ones, I would want them in black. Not a fan of the body matched flares on Jeeps.
I like the stock too. I would be purchasing for function over form for an LCOG. This is down the line, of course.

I too prefer the stock fender configuration, but I get where you are trying to go with the low rider mod.

I think it looks friggin WICKED.

Red is a close second to Black for me...if it's not black, it needs to be red (TJ, Ferrari, Ducati, Sand rail...etc) and to ME, it's all or nothing (color matched)

Aside from that stinger (with maxi-pad wings) that's one damn handsome TJ

I think it looks friggin WICKED.

Red is a close second to Black for me...if it's not black, it needs to be red (TJ, Ferrari, Ducati, Sand rail...etc) and to ME, it's all or nothing (color matched)

Aside from that stinger (with maxi-pad wings) that's one damn handsome TJ
Yeah, I kinda thought so myself! It's on a 4" lift with 36's. Talk about some clearance!

I think that looks really good.

Like Chris I am not a fan of the painted fender flares, but I am not a huge fan of the turn signal in the fender either. If you replace the fender, and not run flares, matching the paint on the fender looks awesome in my opinion.

At some point if my fenders get wasted, I wanted to find some flat fenders, and paint them to match the Jeep. Kind of give it an old flat fender retro look. My Jeep is too pretty now, but that is my plan at some point.

I think that looks really good.

Like Chris I am not a fan of the painted fender flares, but I am not a huge fan of the turn signal in the fender either. If you replace the fender, and not run flares, matching the paint on the fender looks awesome in my opinion.

At some point if my fenders get wasted, I wanted to find some flat fenders, and paint them to match the Jeep. Kind of give it an old flat fender retro look. My Jeep is too pretty now, but that is my plan at some point.
Gotta give it to MCE, they keep the body lines nice ;)

download.jpg

Reactions: ac_ and jae