TJ Enthusiast
What do you think of this caster . It drives good for some reason

C7FE76A7-8A5C-497E-850E-ECA43E571D4E.jpeg

OP
Pcleaners2

Pcleaners2

TJ Enthusiast
33 and 2.5 ome lift
I do have front upper adjustable control arms cuz my vibes were bad with around stock castor. This seems to be the better spot so far . Still getting vibes though at 72mph. I may adjust it down to about 4 since it sound like too much from hearing you all. As long as vibes don’t get worse

Jerry Bransford

TJ Guru Moderator
Staff Member
Supporting Member
33 and 2.5 ome lift
I do have front upper adjustable control arms cuz my vibes were bad with around stock castor. This seems to be the better spot so far . Still getting vibes though at 72mph. I may adjust it down to about 4 since it sound like too much from hearing you all. As long as vibes don’t get worse
I suspect something else is going on rather than an excessive pinion angle having caused those vibrations which caused you to reduce the caster angle. With a 2.5" lift the stock factory caster angle (around 6 degrees) does not cause excessive front pinion angle.

What did you do about the rear driveshaft vibrations a 2.5" suspension usually causes? Dropped tcase skidplate? SYE kit installation? Nothing?

OP
Pcleaners2

Pcleaners2

TJ Enthusiast
Oh the rear is fine set at1.5degree less than dc rear shaft.
When I remove the front shaft
It is cured. So tom woods sent me a new front which did help a bit. The high clearance ucf skid makes it tough to rid the front vibs. Many of us can’t figure this out. I was told hubs will fix only

bobthetj03

WRKJ779
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'd shoot for 4* and see what you get. Surprised you can keep it on the road with that caster.