What do you think of this LJR?

Looks decent to me. The frame looks solid from what you can see. Would I travel all that way just to check it out in person? No.

However, you might get 1 of the many experienced TJers in CO to check it out for you in exchange for some beer, bourbon, or other appropriate reward. Price is probably in the ballpark of what you should expect.

I bought my '05 LJR in Maryland about 2 years ago with 80K miles for $14K from a private party. It looked fairly similar condition-wise but it was bone stock except for a 2" spacer lift and 33" tires. It needed a good dose of overdue maintenance but otherwise was in good, unmolested condition.

Anyone in the aurora Colorado area available to check it out for me [emoji16]?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Just looking at dealership photos I see fender rust, different colored tailgate (primer?), and more rust right where the skid meets the frame. I doubt I could run there today but maybe tomorrow afternoon?

Certainly looks like it spent time outside of CO, no other rig around here has that amount of rust.

Just looking at dealership photos I see fender rust, different colored tailgate (primer?), and more rust right where the skid meets the frame. I doubt I could run there today but maybe tomorrow afternoon?

Certainly looks like it spent time outside of CO, no other rig around here has that amount of rust.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Thank you if you could go look at it for me. Let me know what you'd like for doing so. I'm tired of running around amd wasting moneu, lol, that could be better spent on the Jeep when i get it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

You might also want to get the VIN and run a CARFAX on it. That should tell you where it "lived".

Yeah, I noticed that too. Thank you if you could go look at it for me. Let me know what you'd like for doing so. I'm tired of running around and wasting money, lol, that could be better spent on the Jeep when i get it.

Dont worry about it. Its not to far from where I work

Reactions: 04 LJ
I don't see anything that bad in terms of rust from what you can see. If it were me and I could see the vehicle in person to verify that there's nothing else that the camera just skipped over, I'd be ok going for it, but for something that's otherwise sight-unseen, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a buy. There's just still a bit too much unknown for me, even though it's probably fine.