What do you think of this roadside encounter?

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So my first thought was "wow, that seems a bit excessive for not signing for a busted tail light" until you see the back end of the truck, which is obviously an immediate road hazard.

Of course, the page that posted this video makes no mention of the condition of the truck, spinning it off to the viewer as an excessive show of force on the officer's part. Any view of the back of the truck is "coincidentally" edited out as well.

Now here's the truck
68424684_10219473956510150_5399559367575994368_n.jpg

She also admits that she's known about this issue for six months with a prior warning.

After watching the entire video, I believe his force was justified. However, if there was no prior warning, and the entire rear of the truck wasn't damaged to the point of preventing replacement of the tail light, then he could have noted "refusal of signature" and it could have been settled in court.

What do you all think?

This video just warms my heart lol. I'm glad there are still cops out there who will taze an old non-compliant woman without warning after she tries to kick him in the dick.

Another thought that crosses my mind when I see this kind of stuff is why in the world would one choose this profession? Seems like the majority of your interaction w/ the public is negative, but maybe that's just what makes the news, I dunno.

Any law enforcement in here?

I see that it was attempted to be spun as an unlawful use of force, but as soon as he clearly said "So you're not going to sign this ticket?" and then said "You are under arrest" after she affirmed that she wouldn't sign it, everything that followed was on her. Defendants do not have the right to resist arrest, so that's game, set and match right there: they have her on camera clearly resisting arrest, attempting evasion and assaulting an officer...so the truck is the least of her problems. I also see no problem with the officer drawing his sidearm; he had no idea what was causing her to be so resistant, so he had to act to protect himself and stop the possible threat as cleanly and quickly as possible. She could have been carrying a truckload of meth and a loaded gun, for all he knew; she got off light, in my opinion.

At a certain point you just need to sign the damn ticket. She fucked up, then fucked up bad, then fucked up worse and got what she had coming.

You can't drive with a smashed up tail light.
You can't refuse to sign a ticket.
You can't run from a cop.
You can't resist arrest.
You can't assault an officer.

She could have drove off with nothing more than a fix it ticket. Bought a couple trailer lights and been back on the road. You can't fix stupid.

The gun seemed excessive...

But she did bring all that on herself. All you gotta do is comply with the law

The gun seemed excessive...

But she did bring all that on herself. All you gotta do is comply with the law

Not really if you consider she just ran from the cops. An 80 year old with a gun is just as dangerous as an 18 year old with a gun and he couldn't be sure at that point what he was walking up to. I'm not a cop but I'd have done the same thing.

That's the great thing about guns too though. Makes it so a 90 lbs woman can fight off a 300 lbs man.

Not really if you consider she just ran from the cops. An 80 year old with a gun is just as dangerous as an 18 year old with a gun and he couldn't be sure at that point what he was walking up to. I'm not a cop but I'd have done the same thing.

That's the great thing about guns too though. Makes it so a 90 lbs woman can fight off a 300 lbs man.

True. I dont know what happened or what was said prior to the ticket.

Geez, who are these people that go that far not to sign a ticket with a reared that banged up? So odd and to run from police. Cop is in the right IMHO, not much else he could do other than let her go completely and drive a dangerous vehicle.

IIRC, the damage to her truck was done 6 months prior, per her own admission. She also admitted to getting a prior warning. I would not like follow a vehicle with no rear tail, brake or turn signal lights. She deserved what she got.

Sad thing about this story is the spin the media will put on it to make it out to be the cop's fault and he handled it wrong. It is probably gone viral on many social media sites and people are sucking it up like candy. Then some cop will get shot somewhere and we wonder why. It is what it is I guess.