What floor jack do you have and why?

Dan_man

Supporting Member
So because my last question works so well what floor jack do you currently have and why? I have a 20 year old Craftsmen that needs to be replaced at my shop we use Snap-On and they are awesome but I don’t want to pay $500 for a floor jack

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/garage-floor-jack-recommendations.13216/
I'd read good reviews on it (the price has gone up - I bought it at $179) and my old Hein-Werner Model M needs rebuilding.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-Ton-Daytona-Professional-Steel-Floor-Jack-Super-Duty-63183.html

My go to is my Milwaukee Model 20 but I have owned it for years & I got it for a steal when I purchased it use. (they are insane money now)

I also have:
(2) H.F. Pittsburgh Auto 1.5 ton Aluminum Jacks that for the price ($80) on sale are great for a 32lb jack. (it is the...toss it in the work truck jack)
(1) H.F. Daytona 3 ton Long Reach that works great... (for under $180 = hard to find)
We use a dozen or more of their bottle jacks also with out fail....

Again my go to is my Milwaukee but it has been with me the longest... love the model 20

** Just remember a Jack is NO substitute for a proper safety device... i.e. Jack Stands when you are under a vehicle (or other object)

I have a 3-ton Cummins Industrial Tools jack I bought off one of those 3-day side of the road tools sales. Works great. Probably 25 years old. Cummins Industrial Tools is not affiliated with Cummins Engines.

I have a 30+ year old floor jack i got from Checker auto parts. I don't think i paid more than $40 for it. I needed it so i could change the clutch in my beetle. It's dying now, but i have used it on tons of vehicles and even stumps. Probably just needs a couple seals or springs and check balls, but i doubt they can be found. I think I'll just buy a HF one when it completely gives up.

A few years back Costco had Arcan 3-ton dual cylinder pro grade floor jacks for $99. Sales person said the local tire shops were coming in and buying 5-6 at a time. Heavy but bullet proof. Best floor jack I've had for the money.

Consider buying a pair or even four of these:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerbuilt-3-ton-all-in-one-jack
94A93DFC-DD62-4EA2-A382-91CC93B5BC2E.jpeg

It’s a jack and a jack stand together. As a jack it lifts up to 21”, and has a nice wide base.

Simply put it under, set the post height, engage the ratchet, jack just above the desired height, and let it down onto the ratchet to secure it like a jack stand. For extra security put pressure on the bottle jack so the stand supports most of the weight and the bottle jack supports a small amount.

To release, pump it up an inch, release the ratchet, and let it out like a normal jack.

The only thing is it is limited to 21 inches of lift. With a 4” SL and 35s, your frame is already at 20”, so it can’t take the tires off the ground by the frame alone. However, a couple footling pieces of 4x6 or even 6x6 timber side by side under each jack should fix that issue relatively safely.

Even with 40s these things would easily lift the tires off the ground by the axle tubes.

Harbor freight 3 ton and their 6 ton ton Jack stands. It was cheap, and it lifts my axle high enough

Same here. My Harbor Freight Northern Tool jack is one of the low profile ones. I use it on my wife’s Camaro but it lifts really high so I can use it on the Jeep and my Silverado. I don’t remember the cost, but I used one of their 20% off coupons. It’s been working well for me for about 5-1/2 years so far.

I used my 6 ton stands (4 of them) to hold the Jeep when I put my lift on.

Last edited:
Same here. My Harbor Freight Northern Tool jack is one of the low profile ones. I use it on my wife’s Camaro but it lifts really high so I can use it on the Jeep and my Silverado. I don’t remember the cost, but I used one of their 20% off coupons. It’s been working well for me for about 5-1/2 years so far.

I used my 6 ton stands (4 of them) to hold the Jeep when I put my lift on.

Edit: I was wrong. The Jack came from Norther Tool. It was the 6 ton jack stands that came from Harbor Freight with the 20% coupon.

The jack is an Arcan 3-1/2 ton.
- Minimum lift height: 3 1/2in.
- Maximum lift height: 21 3/8in.
- Steel, 99 lbs

Arcan 3-1/2 ton floor jack

I have a Harbor Freight 3-ton low profile jack that lifts to 19 5/8". I've owned it for about 10 years. It was a good buy with the discount coupon from the Sunday paper.

As I recall there was another HF 3-ton jack with 2-3" greater lift height but it wasn't low profile, a feature I needed, and it was double the price.

My HF floor jack works with my low slung Miata and my lifted Jeep with 35" tires using a block of wood or poly jack pad. That's versatile enough for me.

I think my jack is the equivalent to this one in the current line up:

64264_W5.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-64264.html

Reactions: 06TJ35's
Consider buying a pair or even four of these:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerbuilt-3-ton-all-in-one-jack
View attachment 96710

It’s a jack and a jack stand together. As a jack it lifts up to 21”, and has a nice wide base.

Simply put it under, set the post height, engage the ratchet, jack just above the desired height, and let it down onto the ratchet to secure it like a jack stand. For extra security put pressure on the bottle jack so the stand supports most of the weight and the bottle jack supports a small amount.

To release, pump it up an inch, release the ratchet, and let it out like a normal jack.

The only thing is it is limited to 21 inches of lift. With a 4” SL and 35s, your frame is already at 20”, so it can’t take the tires off the ground by the frame alone. However, a couple footling pieces of 4x6 or even 6x6 timber side by side under each jack should fix that issue relatively safely.

Even with 40s these things would easily lift the tires off the ground by the axle tubes.
I think @jjvw purchased these and found they are not all they are cracked up to be. They begin to lose pressure over time.