What game systems, and favorite games?

PC = The Master Race.
A true gamer plays on all the systems!

Lol, but no I agree, I barely touched my Ps4 or xbox 1 since building my PC in 2017. I play a few RTS type games that were never open to consoles and work better with mouse/keyboard. I also wouldn't have been able to handle Digital Combat Sims or any other simulator type game.

Reactions: suicideking
A true gamer plays on all the systems!

Lol, but no I agree, I barely touched my Ps4 or xbox 1 since building my PC in 2017. I play a few RTS type games that were never open to consoles and work better with mouse/keyboard. I also wouldn't have been able to handle Digital Combat Sims or any other simulator type game.

I tried WOT on my phone. It went poorly.

I'm not really a gamer but I used to play a lot when I was a kid, I remember playing Tomb Raider when I and my brother received the PS1 without memory card and having to restart from the 1st level every time! There was a lot of great games on this system, like Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot, GTA, Wipeout, ... Now I have an Xbox One S and my favorite games are the Forza Horizon series

Last week I tried CS GO on my living room computer which is an old Dell from 10 years ago I got for almost nothing and upgraded a bit. It's running way better than expected, even in 4k, and I think I became addicted.. it seems like I already played 37.9h😱

I have a new gaming PC on the way today. Got an i7-11700 and a 3060ti. I can't wait! I wanted to build it myself, but you can't buy video cards now unless you buy a complete PC.

I've been a gamer since, well, pinball. I would love to put a pinball table in my house, but wife won't allow it lol.

Like others, I started playing at home with the 2600. Then Coleco, later NES, Super NES and Genesis. In the 90's I got my first PC and then landed my first tech job by having a discussion in the job interview about how to play Quake on the Internet with a friend. Troubleshooting, etc.

Old favorites: Metroid, Zelda, Street Fighter.

I play mostly shooters. Started with Doom 2. Just bought Doom Eternal, but haven't had a chance to really play it yet. I mostly play COD Cold War, which is the best COD in many years IMO. Just bought Modern Warfare because it was on sale for $20. I also play Overwatch. I mostly play team deathmatch games since I like the short matches, around 10 - 15 min tops. Don't usually make time for single player games anymore.

I have 3 boys (8, 10, 13) who I've turned into gamers. They are clearly more obsessive about gaming. They have my old PS4. Got them hooked by playing Diablo 3 as a family. Just bought Diablo 2, but disappointed that you can't do split screen. They also have a Switch and an Occulus.

They mostly play Fortnite, Mortal Combat, Roblox (many others). My oldest just bought Doom Eternal for the PS4 as well.

As soon as I'm finished setting up my new PC, I'm giving it to my 13 yo.

Reactions: Apparition
I have a new gaming PC on the way today. Got an i7-11700 and a 3060ti. I can't wait! I wanted to build it myself, but you can't buy video cards now unless you buy a complete PC.

I've been a gamer since, well, pinball. I would love to put a pinball table in my house, but wife won't allow it lol.

Like others, I started playing at home with the 2600. Then Coleco, later NES, Super NES and Genesis. In the 90's I got my first PC and then landed my first tech job by having a discussion in the job interview about how to play Quake on the Internet with a friend. Troubleshooting, etc.

Old favorites: Metroid, Zelda, Street Fighter.

I play mostly shooters. Started with Doom 2. Just bought Doom Eternal, but haven't had a chance to really play it yet. I mostly play COD Cold War, which is the best COD in many years IMO. Just bought Modern Warfare because it was on sale for $20. I also play Overwatch. I mostly play team deathmatch games since I like the short matches, around 10 - 15 min tops. Don't usually make time for single player games anymore.

I have 3 boys (8, 10, 13) who I've turned into gamers. They are clearly more obsessive about gaming. They have my old PS4. Got them hooked by playing Diablo 3 as a family. Just bought Diablo 2, but disappointed that you can't do split screen. They also have a Switch and an Occulus.

They mostly play Fortnite, Mortal Combat, Roblox (many others). My oldest just bought Doom Eternal for the PS4 as well.

As soon as I'm finished setting up my new PC, I'm giving it to my 13 yo.
Agree with Cold War, I really enjoyed the story of that campaign. I don't play online though.

I play a lot new age games on my PC, but im a lover over oldschool games. One of my favorites are oldschool arcade games... I made this bartop arcade cabinet, all CNC plywood, custom Vinyl graphics, run by a raspberry pi....over 12000 classic arcade/retro games ranging from NES,SNES,N64,SEGA,ATARI, everything. The cabinet theme is made after one of my favorite arcade games, Tempest. Has USBs in the back to connect USB controllers for other systems than arcade.
arcade.jpg

Does that center blue thing spin like tempest or do you use the joystick?
It is mainly used for Tempest, or any other arcade games that require a Spinner like Asteroids. Its an arcade Spinner. For games that require a joystick, We connect usb controllers. It isn't much fun playing retro games that usually use controllers on an arcade format. Also both joysticks are special joysticks where they can switch seamlessly between 4-way and 8-way for the games that require it.

Reactions: pagrey
I'm also a big pinball lover, so next up like the bartop arcade is a pinball cabinet with a LCD tv as the playing field that can recreate any Pinball machine I want. With haptic punches that hit the sides when I hit the flippers and an accelerometer that will change the ball position when the table is jiggled just like real pinball machines :)

Have you seen it? I wasn’t disappointed.
Really? I didn’t see it but everyone I know who saw it said they weren’t thrilled.

I don’t plan to see it though in all honesty. I thought the games were a movie in and of themselves.

Really? I didn’t see it but everyone I know who saw it said they weren’t thrilled.

I don’t plan to see it though in all honesty. I thought the games were a movie in and of themselves.
It took a bit but they really fell into their roles by the end. I’ve only seen favorable reviews.

We're about to embark on a game room project. Going to turn the formal living room into a game room for the five kids. Not exactly sure what all we're going to do, but it will probably consist of multiple TV's and consoles. I'm not a gamer at all and out of my element, but it's something the wife wants to do for the kids, and I'm smart enough not to argue with her.

We're about to embark on a game room project. Going to turn the formal living room into a game room for the five kids. Not exactly sure what all we're going to do, but it will probably consist of multiple TV's and consoles. I'm not a gamer at all and out of my element, but it's something the wife wants to do for the kids, and I'm smart enough not to argue with her.

Just be careful what you ask for. I have been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days. Back then the games weren't that deep, so I don't believe I ever got addicted.

Now games create a virtual universe. My kids have a PS4, PC, Occulus, Nintendo switch. My 3 boys are addicted big time. Somewhat more understandable during covid/home schooling, etc.

They were already restricted to specific hours, got an hour a day during the week. 2 of 3 started getting bad grades because they would like about their home work so they wouldn't miss game time. So now they only get a few hours on Saturday.

For the most part, they would spend 100% of gift money on gaming. Often will waste their money on in game content, skins new characters, etc.

All that aside, the best place to start now is with a console. Either PS4 or Xbox. PS5 is awesome if you can get it. I couldn't find one this Christmas. Console is great because developers are forced to design for the platform, set top box. I play on PC, but that gets expensive quickly. Right now graphics cards are hard to get, you have to buy a pre-built system or over pay on Ebay.

Just be careful what you ask for. I have been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days. Back then the games weren't that deep, so I don't believe I ever got addicted.

Now games create a virtual universe. My kids have a PS4, PC, Occulus, Nintendo switch. My 3 boys are addicted big time. Somewhat more understandable during covid/home schooling, etc.

They were already restricted to specific hours, got an hour a day during the week. 2 of 3 started getting bad grades because they would like about their home work so they wouldn't miss game time. So now they only get a few hours on Saturday.

For the most part, they would spend 100% of gift money on gaming. Often will waste their money on in game content, skins new characters, etc.

All that aside, the best place to start now is with a console. Either PS4 or Xbox. PS5 is awesome if you can get it. I couldn't find one this Christmas. Console is great because developers are forced to design for the platform, set top box. I play on PC, but that gets expensive quickly. Right now graphics cards are hard to get, you have to buy a pre-built system or over pay on Ebay.
We have an XBox, Switch, and Occulus currently scattered throughout the house. Our thoughts were to get it all in one room and add another TV or two, along with another console or two, popcorn machine, mini fridge for drinks, etc... Basically, a dedicated spot for the kids and their friends to hang out. It makes my head hurt trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Dang, because of my age you'd think I would play more video games than y'all, but that's not the case....

I rarely play and when I do it's Fortnite cuz that's all I have on my switch....

We have an XBox, Switch, and Occulus currently scattered throughout the house. Our thoughts were to get it all in one room and add another TV or two, along with another console or two, popcorn machine, mini fridge for drinks, etc... Basically, a dedicated spot for the kids and their friends to hang out. It makes my head hurt trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Multiple TV's and consoles would be a good idea. Many fights with my kids are when they both want to use the TV and PS4. At least TV's have gone down in price considerably. I'd install a second TV in my living room if my wife would tolerate it lol.

I had pong. But my first favorite atari 2600 missle command. Rolled it over had to stop playing. I have an omen tower and have played World of tanks online. at a high level for 5yrs now. It’s toxic. In semi retirement now.