What game systems, and favorite games?

Been playing that mess for 5yrs. Red Sky clan. _Sicarius
ber5_2560x1600_wall.jpg

I play for fun ! :cool:

To be honest my stats stink.
You have to play for funz. It’s so toxic. It took me 3yrs to be competitive and even then I get my a$$ handed to me. Was in 02, wonka and Tt-6. Wasn’t all that. Don’t let the haters get ya down. If I ever pick it back up regular I’ll hit ya up and we can smash dummy heads. I bring friends. ;)

Reactions: RINC
You have to play for funz. It’s so toxic. It took me 3yrs to be competitive and even then I get my a$$ handed to me. Was in 02, wonka and Tt-6. Wasn’t all that. Don’t let the haters get ya down. If I ever pick it back up regular I’ll hit ya up and smash dummy heads. Lol

I came to WOT after being burnt out playing WoW. Competitive raiding became a 2nd job.

WOT became a solo adventure.

Reactions: CptnMurica
I came to WOT after being burnt out playing WoW. Competitive raiding became a 2nd job.

It was the first online game ever played. My brother got me into. Too addicting. I would much rather be in the jeep out in the wild somewheres than tied to a computer 4hrs a night for 2wks straight doing clan wars. Maddening.

Reactions: RINC
It was the first online game ever played. My brother got me into. Too addicting. I would much rather be in the jeep out in the wild somewheres than tied to a computer 4hrs a night for 2wks straight doing clan wars. Maddening.

Since I bought this Jeep, I have been playing less online during the week.

Reactions: CptnMurica

I had a couple co-workers that played WOW and had their own little gaming group. Most of them made it sound like WOW was more work than fun. One of them was over it, but still played and complained about it all the time.

That's what I like about COD and team deathmatch games. 10 - 15 minutes per match and you're done. I'm addicted to the grind though.

Regarding the PC gaming market, video cards are finally obtainable again as of last week. Wish I would've known, I just bought a pre-built PC in December so I could get an Nvidia 3060ti. I would've waited and built my own.

I had a couple co-workers that played WOW and had their own little gaming group. Most of them made it sound like WOW was more work than fun. One of them was over it, but still played and complained about it all the time.

That's what I like about COD and team deathmatch games. 10 - 15 minutes per match and you're done. I'm addicted to the grind though.

Regarding the PC gaming market, video cards are finally obtainable again as of last week. Wish I would've known, I just bought a pre-built PC in December so I could get an Nvidia 3060ti. I would've waited and built my own.
I got tired of getting out pinged. I just dropped the coin on an omen tower 800$ instantly I was wrecking people suffering from low ping. And inferior systems. Wots all server side so no hacks. Regardless of what the masses say. I promise.

I got tired of getting out pinged. I just dropped the coin on an omen tower 800$ instantly I was wrecking people suffering from low ping. And inferior systems. Wots all server side so no hacks. Regardless of what the masses say. I promise.
$800 does seem to be the starting point for a decent gaming rig. I guess that's suitable since the PS5 starts at $500 and you can't even get them right now. My 13yo wanted one for Christmas and just couldn't find one. I ended up selling him my old PC with an i7-6700 and Nvidia 1060.

Maybe that's why I'm doing well in COD now lol. It's cross platform and I would say probably 90%+ are playing on consoles. They do have auto aim on consoles though. Plus I figure all the kids have an edge on me because they don't work. Being close to 50, they should have better reaction times.

Reactions: CptnMurica and D M
$800 does seem to be the starting point for a decent gaming rig. I guess that's suitable since the PS5 starts at $500 and you can't even get them right now. My 13yo wanted one for Christmas and just couldn't find one. I ended up selling him my old PC with an i7-6700 and Nvidia 1060.

Maybe that's why I'm doing well in COD now lol. It's cross platform and I would say probably 90%+ are playing on consoles. They do have auto aim on consoles though. Plus I figure all the kids have an edge on me because they don't work. Being close to 50, they should have better reaction times.
I preordered my PS5 when they came out. I had no idea they were hard to get a year later.

Reactions: D M and suicideking
I preordered my PS5 when they came out. I had no idea they were hard to get a year later.

You can get them now, but a quick look on Newegg has them listed for $860 minimum. Seems like a PC is a better buy at that price unless you must have the proprietary games.

My two oldest kids wanted a PC because you can connect the Occulus to it. There are games that only work when connected to a PC. The first one they wanted was a 'monkey' game where you run around and climb trees. My oldest sprained his hand when he clipped his desk. I asked him what happened, said he was swinging from a tree and got a little carried away lol.

I got my sega genesis working a couple weeks ago. I still suck at paper boy but I crush some teenage mutant ninja turtles. My sonic game lags a lot...

Reactions: RINC and tworley
I got my sega genesis working a couple weeks ago. I still suck at paper boy but I crush some teenage mutant ninja turtles. My sonic game lags a lot...

Paper boy used to be one of my favorites in the arcade. Never got the Sega version though.

All time arcade favorites: Super Mario Bros (of course), Elevator Action, Tecmo Bowl, Jungle King, Star Wars, Street Fighter 2, Tekken 2.

... I ended up selling him my old PC with an i7-6700 and Nvidia 1060.
Contrary to popular opinions, that combo can still run modern AAA games at 1080p on medium-high settings and still run great. My buddy has a 7700 with a 1060 (laptop) and he plays modern VR games and it still kicks ass. I think he'll enjoy that for time to come

Reactions: suicideking
Paper boy used to be one of my favorites in the arcade. Never got the Sega version though.

All time arcade favorites: Super Mario Bros (of course), Elevator Action, Tecmo Bowl, Jungle King, Star Wars, Street Fighter 2, Tekken 2.
IDK if you ever go to LA but it looks like they have a Barcade location there. We have one nearby me here in CT and its a pretty fun time. All classic pinball and arcade games with beers and bar food. Though, New Haven CT is probably much easier to travel through than LA..

https://barcade.com/#

Mario Kart on SNES
Tomb Raider on og playstation
Ghost Recon on og XBox.
Battlefield 2 on PC
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 on Xbox 360
The Division on PS4
The Division 2 on PS5

Reactions: D M
IDK if you ever go to LA but it looks like they have a Barcade location there. We have one nearby me here in CT and its a pretty fun time. All classic pinball and arcade games with beers and bar food. Though, New Haven CT is probably much easier to travel through than LA..

https://barcade.com/#
I went to this pinball museum in North Carolina while on a business trip. $15 to play as much pinball as you can.

https://ashevillepinball.com/

GTA5 and Rocket league are what I play most now on Xbox One
My GF and I have a switch, I play mostly super smash bros on that.
Gamecube: Smash Bros, Mario soccer, NFL Street
I no longer have it but loved playing crash bandicoot on PS1.

Reactions: D M and suicideking