What game systems, and favorite games?

$800 does seem to be the starting point for a decent gaming rig. I guess that's suitable since the PS5 starts at $500 and you can't even get them right now. My 13yo wanted one for Christmas and just couldn't find one. I ended up selling him my old PC with an i7-6700 and Nvidia 1060.

Maybe that's why I'm doing well in COD now lol. It's cross platform and I would say probably 90%+ are playing on consoles. They do have auto aim on consoles though. Plus I figure all the kids have an edge on me because they don't work. Being close to 50, they should have better reaction times.
Im 50 and that’s correct. If I played online games when I was 20 look out. Synapses ya know. I’m so old school I have an original snes and I bust it out and play super black bass every couple years. That and I played turned based and real time strategy computer games for years. The actual Warcraft 1, age of empires. Hearts of iron. Star Wars rebellion. I still have all that stuff. I started computer gaming windows 3.1. Lol

Im 50 and that’s correct. If I played online games when I was 20 look out. Synapses ya know. I’m so old school I have an original nes and I bust it out and play super black bass every couple years. That and I played turned based and real time strategy computer games for years. The actual Warcraft 1, age of empires. Hearts of iron. Star Wars rebellion. I still have all that stuff.
Ah! The new stuff! ;) Daughter played NES...

• Haha
Reactions: CptnMurica
We all spent hours playing the various Zeldas. I still fire up a TRS-80 emulator to play some of the games there - they were surprisingly well done and playable, despite the 128x48 graphics.
I stopped at ocarina of time.

Hey, just sharing some thoughts to revive the thread. I really love PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. They have such a great variety of games to choose from.

My son has a switch. I'm really tempted to buy the two Metroid games.

I play mostly the COD series, currently MWII. Though getting into Cold War Zombies lately too. Cold War is my favorite COD.

Reactions: MeanGreen86
I guess you could say Im part of the video game evolution generation. I grew up in Arcades, and then NES in Jr High. In the Navy I had a Super Nintendo and olayed it religiously after every “duty”.

On our 6 month deployments I dominated the ship in Mortal Kombat 3 and NHL.

I have owned them all, and I use to build gaming servers from 1999 when I got my A+ and MCSE to about 2011 then I gave it up and moved to PS4 and now PS5.

I buy games that I dont even play 😂🤣
My kids ea have a PS4 and they steal time on my PS5 because its on a 14 foot screen and $$$ Klipsch surround system. My little one just inherited my old PS4.

I had gotten my firsr born a Nintendo Wii hacked with all the games for $500 years ago, then then got him the Wii 2 hacked with all the games. Then Ps3, PS4 & now Nintendo switches

This is my basement theater but its also my gaming room
FJ4YKrX.jpg

RKqkqsa.jpg

Last edited:
Who pre ordered MW3? I did! :cool:

Though what a stupid day to schedule a dentist appointment after work. That's ok though, because I don't usually play the campaign. I will still try it tonight to check it out. Mostly looking forward to the release next week to try out the new zombies Outbreak mode. Also getting sick of MWII anyway.

Been playing DMZ lately. That's always interesting because of the randomness. Never know if the AI or another squad is going to get you. Spend time getting setup only to be ambushed.

Though what a stupid day to schedule a dentist appointment after work. That's ok though, because I don't usually play the campaign. I will still try it tonight to check it out. Mostly looking forward to the release next week to try out the new zombies Outbreak mode. Also getting sick of MWII anyway.

Been playing DMZ lately. That's always interesting because of the randomness. Never know if the AI or another squad is going to get you. Spend time getting setup only to be ambushed.

I definitely thought about it, what platform for you? I am a nerd, so PC here most of the time. The one game I can't wait on is GTA6... even though we have no idea when it will be out yet - beyond the rumors.

Edit: Looked back in the thread and am assuming PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley
I definitely thought about it, what platform for you? I am a nerd, so PC here most of the time. The one game I can't wait on is GTA6... even though we have no idea when it will be out yet - beyond the rumors.

Edit: Looked back in the thread and am assuming PC.

Yes, PC.

I'll probaby get GTA6 when it comes out. I've played most of the previous versions.

Reactions: rasband

So MWIII 2023 is different than MW3? Last one I bought was Cold War.

Reactions: suicideking
Playstation 5
I rarely have time to play anything

I think my favorite game to date
Probably Days Gone on PS4. Apocolyptic world full of zombies and a guy on a motorcycle

days-gone.gif

So MWIII 2023 is different than MW3? Last one I bought was Cold War.

They made the names confusing starting last year. So last years COD was MWII (not to be confused with MW2). So this year is MWIII. It's stupid and a bit confusing. Not really any relation to the older games. Though MWIII is all remastered maps, many from MW2 from ~10 years ago.

Cold War is my favorite from the last 10 years or so. Great action and maps. Also the best zombies mode.

Reactions: Apparition
I'm a bethesda fan. Liked the fallout and elderscrolls series and any open world games.The deadspace series was awesome. gore,upgradable makeshift weapons and bodyparts flying!

I am a fan of shooters but my reaction times just aren't what they used to be.probaby been hit in the head one too many times,lol.

I got a ps5 during covid and really enjoyed getting to play deadspace again. Not much time for it though.

I'm a bethesda fan. Liked the fallout and elderscrolls series and any open world games.The deadspace series was awesome. gore,upgradable makeshift weapons and bodyparts flying!

I am a fan of shooters but my reaction times just aren't what they used to be.probaby been hit in the head one too many times,lol.

I got a ps5 during covid and really enjoyed getting to play deadspace again. Not much time for it though.

About the only games I'd want to sit down and play through now are Uncharted or red dead redemption if there is a new one.

I got the kids a racing simulator setup so they play that every now and then, I'm considering getting them the farming simulator setup this year for Christmas. It drives me nuts that they prefer playing the dumb games on their ipads rather than playing all the games I have for consoles. I've got so many options from pong on the atari, wii, dreamcast, Goldeneye, all the playstations and they want to play things like roblox and minecraft. It'd be nice if they'd use the stuff since I don't.

The PS5 is mostly for watching 4k movies nowadays.

Reactions: Rickyd
About the only games I'd want to sit down and play through now are Uncharted or red dead redemption if there is a new one.

I got the kids a racing simulator setup so they play that every now and then, I'm considering getting them the farming simulator setup this year for Christmas. It drives me nuts that they prefer playing the dumb games on their ipads rather than playing all the games I have for consoles. I've got so many options from pong on the atari, wii, dreamcast, Goldeneye, all the playstations and they want to play things like roblox and minecraft. It'd be nice if they'd use the stuff since I don't.

The PS5 is mostly for watching 4k movies nowadays.

I have 3 kids. 9, 12, and 14. My 9yo plays Roblox almost exclusively while my 12 and 14yo play a variety of games on PC, PS4, Occulus and Switch. They are always giving my 9yo shit about how Roblox isn't even a 'real' game. He does want an Occulus for Christmas though. My other two both have one and won't let him borrow theirs most of the time.

I had to break up a fight the other day because the two older boys were playing Mortal Kombat on the PS4 and one of them was 'playing cheap'. My 14yo was disappointed because he wanted to buy the latest Mortal Kombat and you have to have a PS5 for it. I told them to pool their money and get one for Christmas. That way I can play it too haha.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition