What gear ratio for 2004 LJ with 33 inch tires and 42RLE?

Which gears for 42RLE and 33s for highway optimizaiton

• Total voters
Dang. I was afraid you would say that lol.
Of course the real payoff to regearing is better/significantly improved drivability, especially on the highway. I was SO frustrated by how my TJ drove and performed on the highway before I regeared. The significantly improved mpg regearing gave was just icing on the cake.

Reactions: trojandawg
Of course the real payoff to regearing is better/significantly improved drivability, especially on the highway. I was SO frustrated by how my TJ drove and performed on the highway before I regeared. The significantly improved mpg regearing gave was just icing on the cake.

I actually feel like it is pretty good where it is, but I’m sure it would feel better with different gearing and help the mpgs.

What gearing would you suggest and what do you think I could expect mileage wise afterwards?

I actually feel like it is pretty good where it is, but I’m sure it would feel better with different gearing and help the mpgs.

What gearing would you suggest and what do you think I could expect mileage wise afterwards?

Turn your overdrive off and drive it around. Mine is set up so that my overdrive turns off when I shift past reverse.

Once I regear mine I will just flip the overdrive switch on manually.