What grinds your gears?

You know what's starting to grind my gears more than anything?

The amount of time I have to spend fixing thread titles.

Someone will be having a specific problem with their TJ, and instead of posting a descriptive title, they just write something like, "Help".

Then there's the people who will type out a title like this:

"why won't my jeep 4.0l sport start!?!?!?!?!"

or:

"help.......... no start!?!"

I don't expect people to be perfect with grammar and punctuation, but I can tell you that you should be smart enough to know that you only need ONE exclamation point or ONE question mark.

Also, please use a descriptive title for your thread. "Help" is not a title.

By using a descriptive title, you make my life easier, but you also help others to find your threads more easily in the future. After all, no one searches google for only the term "help", they search for something more specific.

Okay... rant over!
Whew!

Today I had to edit probably the worst thread title in the existence of this forum:

"I ha e a 97 jeep wrangler and the check enpf they will not smog ot bit when you turn the key on it does not light but starts up all gine light is off"

Yep, you read that right. That entire thing (whatever the hell it says) was an actual thread title.

For cryin' out loud people, learn to spell--at least the basics--is that too much to ask for?

😡

Today I had to edit probably the worst thread title in the existence of this forum:

"I ha e a 97 jeep wrangler and the check enpf they will not smog ot bit when you turn the key on it does not light but starts up all gine light is off"

Yep, you read that right. That entire thing (whatever the hell it says) was an actual thread title.

For cryin' out loud people, learn to spell--at least the basics--is that too much to ask for?

😡
I seen that before your changed it! It makes me laugh just knowing how much it bothers you😂

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and tomtaylz

😡
The visually impaired, English Second Language, dyslexic forum member with the sticky keyboard begs your forgiveness, @Chris! He tried! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
What really pisses me off is when my boss who has no idea how to run a public pool, nor has proper licenses to do so, tries to tell me how to do my job.

I seen that before your changed it! It makes me laugh just knowing how much it bothers you😂

It shouldn't bother me so much, but it really just gets under my skin. I understand the common misspellings as well as minor errors. But something like that just blows my mind. I mean did they even think to read what they'd just written?

It shouldn't bother me so much, but it really just gets under my skin. I understand the common misspellings as well as minor errors. But something like that just blows my mind. I mean did they even think to read what they'd just written?
As someone who struggles with this language, I sympathize with them. All you fancy pants people on your soapbox looking down on us slightly less gifted.
I would have to agree, they did not read what they wrote. Most likely he was trying to get it posted before his wife started yelling at him to take out the trash.

• Haha
Reactions: astjp2 and Chris
As someone who struggles with this language, I sympathize with them. All you fancy pants people on your soapbox looking down on us slightly less gifted.
I would have to agree, they did not read what they wrote. Most likely he was trying to get it posted before his wife started yelling at him to take out the trash.

Everything you just said reads like proper English (maybe you're on your best behavior? :LOL: ). Little things don't bother me. It's blatant disregard like that thread title where you seriously can't even make sense of it.

I probably make spelling and grammar mistakes all the time. However, I at least attempt to come across as fluent as possible ;)

In all honesty, it probably wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't see it on a day-to-day basis though ;)

Even the grammatically challenged like myself have stuff that bothers us.

Everything you just said reads like proper English (maybe you're on your best behavior? :LOL: ). Little things don't bother me. It's blatant disregard like that thread title where you seriously can't even make sense of it.

I probably make spelling and grammar mistakes all the time. However, I at least attempt to come across as fluent as possible ;)

In all honesty, it probably wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't see it on a day-to-day basis though ;)
It would bother me too if I had to make the corrections. But because I don’t I find it funny.

I hAtE tHiS sHiT, wHeN sOmEoNe ThInKs ThEy ArE oN fUcKbOoK aNd TyPe LiKe ThIs AnD tHeY aRe 4o YeArS oLd...

The silly thing about that is that it actually takes more effort to type that out like that than it would to just do it the right way.

Reactions: astjp2

😡
They are too lazy to learn.