What have people done with the rocker holes?

I've seen some people put little black plugs in the hole, or cover them with rock sliders or similar.

Factory setup for the rubi behind the rock rail is a body coloured sticker over the large hole. I'd just find some nice beefy rock rails to go over the holes ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Sorta related question - when Rubi owners replace their factory rocker guards, can those holes be re-used for any brand aftermarket rock rails?

Most of the aftermarket ones I've seen are taller than the rubi ones so no. I just pumped a bunch of grease in the nutserts in case I ever wanted those threads to work again and put the new rail over top letting it crush the rims in with it. My TMR ones go right to the door jam, tee rubi ones go about half way.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

:D:D:D
815hlHuHIpL._SX355_.jpg

Reactions: fourpointzero
I run aluminum diamond plate panels from an eBay seller, PBR products. Purely cosmetic, fit perfectly, look good, powder coated but available in bare aluminum. There should be a pic of my Jeep that will show them floating around here.

I ran ‘grip’ tape across my rocker panels and used stainless steal screws in the nutserts. Though I do like the small circular light suggestion by PCO6 and even what Chris mentioned, using some plastic ‘plugs’ which, I believe, can be found in different sizes at Lowes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk