What have you carried in your TJ that was too big?

Why I loved the CJ tailgate on my last LJ. 8’ landscaping timbers.

5A6638EF-F5FA-4709-8246-FFC8DC8F4B44.jpeg

I've seen a washing machine In a YJ. I hate using these things to haul with ....cringe.

No pics, but I had half a pallet of sod in the back with seat out once... Then I convinced wife to get a truck, and now we have the JT for this type of use...
When the big dig was going on in Boston, a lot of the people lining their pockets were living in Maine during the summer. I remember one guy who had a brand new Lincoln navigator, he stopped in to get a propane tank filled.

I was going to open the back, he said open the door it's on the seat, I filled the back with dirt. Sure enough he had shoveled dirt into the back of it.

In a YJ I somehow got 2 full grown sheep🐑🐑, a full grown goat🐐, and my girlfriend 👩‍🌾, passenger seat had a calf🐄, and pass footwell had a cage with 3 rabbits🐰🐰🐰. On a hour long drive. Took much longer to get that Jeep clean again! 😱

• Wow
Reactions: Ghost74
Similar to the fridge, I had my mother-in-law in the Jeep once... :ROFLMAO:

It's not too big, but definitely unusual - we bring a fitness trampoline (for wife's PT job) a lot of places.

• Haha
Reactions: B252
Well a couple weeks ago while at my cabin my wife asked why do we not have hot water. I said I will check the heater and sure enough it was out and leaking. So being a plumber it was no big deal on the install. The issue was it was a Saturday morning and 2-1/2 hours away from my wholesaler's. So I found one and a local wholesaler about 45 min's away. Now the only problem was I didn't have access to one of my work trucks, and driving up to the cabin in my wife's E350 that also did not work. So I told her no big deal I will take the jeep. :ROFLMAO:. So I removed the spare tire not wanting to have the additional weight on the tailgate, and took a couple of long 2x6's off I went. Picked up the new heater and the guy helping me load asked how far are you going when I told him where the cabin was he
just 😂😂😂. Well I slid the 2x6's under the heater so it was not hanging unsupported and a few ratchet straps offI went.

Who ever said you need a LJ my TJ has plenty of room (y)

View attachment 215436View attachment 215435
The kind of customer we really used to like at Sears. Time to take out the waiver form.