Is it hard to change to that from stock? Never done much electrical work.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nope, very easy. I ordered the adapter that adapts it to the Wrangler TJ factory wiring harness.

Reactions: roy
I run the Sony MEX-XB100BT 60 Watt RMS , best head unit i have ever owned http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SCS26KE/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I'm running a Sony head unit too but I checked yours out and that's the highest RMS rating I've ever seen in a head unit without using an external amp. Yours is actually 160 not 60 watts RMS, it is 40 RMS watts per channel. I think I'm going to ask for one for my birthday... I like that it has Bluetooth and the extra power, my current Sony is only something like 18 RMS watts per channel.

Oops I just looked at its reviews on Amazon, some complained it stopped working within a month, and they also complained about its 'Open App' that somehow disables a cellphone's security when connecting via Bluetooth. How has yours been and are you using yours to connect with a Bluetooth phone? Is this unit easy to use?

I'm running a Sony head unit too but I checked yours out and that's the highest RMS rating I've ever seen in a head unit without using an external amp. Yours is actually 160 not 60 watts RMS, it is 40 RMS watts per channel. I think I'm going to ask for one for my birthday... I like that it has Bluetooth and the extra power, my current Sony is only something like 18 RMS watts per channel.

Oops I just looked at its reviews on Amazon, some complained it stopped working within a month, and they also complained about its 'Open App' that somehow disables a cellphone's security when connecting via Bluetooth. How has yours been and are you using yours to connect with a Bluetooth phone? Is this unit easy to use?
mine has been fine nearly two months now, there was a patch released to update it maybe that fixed the security issue. this is the power test for its true "wattage"

Last edited:
yes you can dim them and also change to just about any colour, I have the buttons spice to match my interior dash colour and the screen rotating through the spectrum.

I just don't care for the CD player portion of it. I can't remember the last time I used a CD, honestly.

I just don't care for the CD player portion of it. I can't remember the last time I used a CD, honestly.
its more the amp power power rating and channels available I was after because I like running a lot of component speakers over 2 and 3 way splitters, I have 10 speakers running off the stereo amp and also use the pre-out channels through an external amplifier driving another 8 speakers plus an active subwoofer on its own amp.

Reactions: Chris
its more the amp power power rating and channels available I was after because I like running a lot of component speakers over 2 and 3 way splitters, I have 10 speakers running off the stereo amp and also use the pre-out channels through an external amplifier driving another 8 speakers plus an active subwoofer on its own amp.

Got it, that makes sense then!

Reign Mack or Chris, there's no rear-mounted USB port correct? I hate having to leave my USB plugged into the front of my present Sony player, some HUs do have a rear USB jack.

Reign Mack or Chris, there's no rear-mounted USB port correct? I hate having to leave my USB plugged into the front of my present Sony player, some HUs do have a rear USB jack.

I can't remember on this one, but on my current Pioneer there is a rear mounted USB.

I know what you mean, I hate having to leave my USB plugged into the front, it's unsightly and annoying.

Negative @Jerry Bransford, no USB on the rear as you can see in the photo:

81GpO6yAYoL._SL1500_.jpg