What interesting things did you find in your TJ/LJ?

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
I'm guessing this has been covered, but I recently found a 17MM socket inside my frame, while cleaning it out. This made me wonder, what interesting things others have found either in their Jeep, or done to their Jeep.

As an example, I restored a '99 TJ a while ago. While cleaning it up I removed all this, and more, out of the torque boxes on both sides. The previous owner had pulled the floor drain plugs and carpet. Apparently, everything that went on the floor ended up in the torque boxes, including a small diamond ring!

zUTwMyz.jpg

Pocket change so far. Oh and there was some random papers that I found the first time I pulled the top and doors off, they flew up in my face and then flew away to their new home.

Reactions: Fonz54
Well done, man. Now you'll have the WTJF membership cleaning out their torque boxes this weekend.

In my LJ I found a corndog stick between the dash vents and windshield frame.

i found a 3/8" socket sitting on the inboard rear bolt/bracket of the driver seat. It was hiding under the plastic flap that covers the bracket when the seat is in the normal position. I heard it for a year but it always sounded like it was on top of the transmission or under the carpet in the driver footwell.

Wonder how long somebody looked for that socket. It is the closest SAE size to 10mm, after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Fonz54
About a year after buying my LJ I was out wheeling and hopped back in the Jeep and picked up a crackpipe off the floor, it must have been hidden in the seat frame since I completely dismantled the interior for a thorough cleaning right after I bought it.
That Jeep is now known as “Crackpipe”

Hand full of change and enough Cheerios to make a good bowlfull. Just add milk and sugar

Years ago I parked in Hollywood overnight and somebody left an accu-gage digital tire gauge in my back seat. Parked in North Hollywood and somebody slept in the back seat, they left newspaper on the seats. I also found a toad under my lock box after a rain storm. I have no idea how that happened.

• Wow
Reactions: Irun
Years ago I parked in Hollywood overnight and somebody left an accu-gage digital tire gauge in my back seat. Parked in North Hollywood and somebody slept in the back seat, they left newspaper on the seats. I also found a toad under my lock box after a rain storm. I have no idea how that happened.
Man, when someone slept in my Jeep they took my breaker bar and left an open bottle of Dr pepper. I think that was a bad trade.

About a year after buying my LJ I was out wheeling and hopped back in the Jeep and picked up a crackpipe off the floor, it must have been hidden in the seat frame since I completely dismantled the interior for a thorough cleaning right after I bought it.
That Jeep is now known as “Crackpipe”
I'm curious as to how you know it is a crack pipe? 🙄

I'm guessing this has been covered, but I recently found a 17MM socket inside my frame, while cleaning it out. This made me wonder, what interesting things others have found either in their Jeep, or done to their Jeep.

As an example, I restored a '99 TJ a while ago. While cleaning it up I removed all this, and more, out of the torque boxes on both sides. The previous owner had pulled the floor drain plugs and carpet. Apparently, everything that went on the floor ended up in the torque boxes, including a small diamond ring!

View attachment 160820
Wow what a haul. Blackbeard would be jealous!