What is a fair price for this AEV Brute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the brute just the AEV version and this some other?

Yes, the orange one is basically an LJ with a GR8 Tops half cab top on a standard LJ tub.

The Brute conversion cuts the back half of the tub off. A new body panel is welded to the back to make the back wall of the cab. The bed is a separate unit that is bolted to the back half of the frame.

You can see the difference in the side shots of each. The brute has a break between the cab and bed, the faux brute does not.

Yes, the orange one is basically an LJ with a GR8 Tops half cab top on a standard LJ tub.

The Brute conversion cuts the back half of the tub off. A new body panel is welded to the back to make the back wall of the cab. The bed is a separate unit that is bolted to the back half of the frame.

You can see the difference in the side shots of each. The brute has a break between the cab and bed, the faux brute does not.

Did AEV beef up the rear axle any at all in their brute conversions?

Did AEV beef up the rear axle any at all in their brute conversions?

Sorry, but to be honest I’m not sure. If they did I think it was optional, but that’s based on hazy recollection of their website from 10+ years ago.

I’m curious myself, hopefully someone with a bit more AEV knowledge will chime in.

All the brutes from AEV started as an LJ from my knowledge, so they would have had a dana 44 in the rear. Probably no need to beef that up since they weren't meant for towing and the brute kit didn't change much mechanically. Since many had bigger tires, I'm sure they were regeared in the least.

This is all just guessing on my part. I don't know much about Brutes.

Reactions: psrivats
Status
Not open for further replies.