What is a good color for seat covers in a Khaki interior?

Teddydogno1

My 2005 Unlimited has the Khaki interior (and hard top). The factory seats are in OK condition but a little stained, so I'm thinking about getting some seat covers. Currently leaning toward the Caltrend faux leather covers. They don't come in khaki, but in many other colors. Trying to decide what color would coordinate well.

Here's my interior...
070619_trail_IMPlunch.jpg

Maybe Black with Beige inserts? Black with Sandstone? Or just solid Beige or Sandstone? What do you think?

These are the seats and color options https://www.caltrend.com/fabrics/faux-leather-seat-covers/

Rob

Back in back!

I had a similar dilemma when I was buying my seat covers. And I am glad that I went with solid black. They look great, they match great with everything, they don’t show any signs of dirt or wear. Simple as that. Go with a pop-color and you’re bound to see stains and fading. Worse case scenario w the black, they turn charcoal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I used black Bestop covers.
I have khaki interior also. I got samples of grey and tan and they just didn't look right with the khaki to me. Went with all black and really like lt. Nice contrast and it actually helps the khaki stand out as khaki as opposed to the dirty grey it can look like depending on lighting.

Reactions: fourpointzero
I have khaki interior also. I got samples of grey and tan and they just didn't look right with the khaki to me. Went with all black and really like lt. Nice contrast and it actually helps the khaki stand out as khaki as opposed to the dirty grey it can look like depending on lighting.

I thought that the grey Bedrug would look bad w my khaki interior, but I was wrong. The carpet w my black Bartact seat covers always gets compliments. A few people have actually thought I ‘restored’ my interior when they peek inside. Cant go wrong w black covers and the Khaki interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Twopoint and DaveC
I went with black bartacts as well. Figured I didn’t want all the different shades of khaki in the interior. Really breaks it up some.

I recommend the Cheese Tortellini MRE.
Its far superior to the fit and comfort than shepherds pie. Hopefully you have the lemon pound cake for dessert. I do like the Mars bar though. I have been thinking of installing one of those to see how it affects my performance. If it were me I would put the peanut butter on the Mars bar and throw away the shelf stable slabs of saw dust.

hahahahhaha

Thanks for all of the input so far, folks. Sounds like Black is the number 1 contender. I don't think I would like a solid green seat and I know that I won't be adding blue to to the interior. The black will certainly coordinate with the black mats and cargo liner, plus the steering wheel. My wife thinks the black with sandstone accents will look good. I'll let you all know what I decide.

Rob

Reactions: Paparock1
I recommend the Cheese Tortellini MRE.
Its far superior to the fit and comfort than shepherds pie. Hopefully you have the lemon pound cake for dessert. I do like the Mars bar though. I have been thinking of installing one of those to see how it affects my performance. If it were me I would put the peanut butter on the Mars bar and throw away the shelf stable slabs of saw dust.

hahahahhaha

I was wondering if anyone would comment on the meal. It is a Canadian IMP combat ration: 2015 Shepherd's PIe. I wanted something from my ration cache that was aging, but also at little risk of making me sick. Sounds like you have some experience with the IMPs!

I didn't think we would stop very long for lunch, so I brought a US MRE heater for my meal. While my main course was heating, I made a peanut butter sammich. The hamburger bun was dry, as expected (sawdust indeed). I only had Peanut Butter to put on the bun--no jam, just 2 PB packets.

The orange beverage powder was a tasty change from the water I had been drinking.

Not knowing how long I would have, I ended up not giving the entree long enough to fully heat. It felt hot to the touch (even hard to handle). Actually, it was basically room temperature inside even after more than 10 minutes in the heater. Still, the main course was pretty tasty. Beef, potatoes and corn in gravy. I didn't think it needed any ketchup, but would have liked some hot sauce.

Dessert was a Mars Bar and a boxed spice cake which I did not eat yet. The Mars Bar was a bit hard and the chocolate seemed a bit waxy or hard, but tasted pretty good at the end of the trail.

I do not have the Cheese Tortellini, if that is an IMP rather than US MRE. I do have other Canadian IMPs (2016 and 2017 dates):

Meatballs w/ Gravy
Lasagna
Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Beef Macaroni
Smoked Meat with Mustard Sauce

And several older 2011 ones that are not holding up well (particularly commercial products inside that are not packaged as well as the mains).

Rob

Reactions: Paparock1
I have the khaki Bestop covers with the dark gray interior. Looks nice with black exterior. The fitment is a little loose but the more I use them, the more that I like them. I just need to get the matching rear. I'll try and toss a pic up later.

No I haven't tasted any IMP's, I didn't recognize the packaging but now I know why. I have ate several US MRE's throughout 22 years though.

I know the Bartact Seat Covers are pricey ( I have just got some for my birthday) but they are very nice. I think the black with sand would look good but the light sand might stain easier than a Dark Green. I will add that the stain would be from dirty work clothes and not the MRE surprise LOL. So I would lean toward the forest green. What color is your Jeep?