What is everyone using to treat / corrosion proof their aluminum skids with?

Painting aluminum is a multi-step process involving sanding to bright metal, acid etching to remove any corrosion that is still hanging around, Zinc Chromate or other aluminum specific primers right quick after prepping and a top coat. It's the oxide that forms VERY quickly on metal exposed to the atmosphere that causes the paint adhesion issues. Have had very bad experience with powder coating peeling off in shorts around any knick in the coating. Would hope that anyone making parts out of aluminum for a jeep would use a marine alloy which really doesn't need to be painted except for appearance because of the oxide layer.

Galvanizing is for ferrous metals not for aluminum or others. You can get the aluminum anodized which is a long lasting oxide conversion of the surface. It takes specialized equipment to do and may be hard to find a purveyor who can do it. Anodizing can be colored, usually in black but also clear, gold, and probably other colors. It's not a smooth paint finish but makes the surface harder and more resistant to nicks causing corrosion

I had my UCF transfer case skid plate and Savvy gas tank skid plate both clear hard anodized. It’s not the answer for everyone but I like it a lot for how I use my Jeep…

I wil say I’ve had good luck on aluminum with Red Scotch-Brite, U-POL Acid #8 Etching Primer and then paint of choice. I mostly utilize Rustoleum 2X Semi-Gloss…