What is good price range for a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with 90k miles?

pixologics

TJ Enthusiast
So after getting rid of my rusty mater, I am back looking around for listings. I am looking for last model year of TJ and LJ if someone sell at reasonable price.

Wanted to know what should be good purchase price for a rubicon 2006 90k mile manual transmission with some after market stuff like winch and lifted toes 32?

I see some of them listed for 25k and I am not sure if that seems to be sell price?

So what's a good range? Location CA, Az, NV

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So does it means the prices are at peak and could go down in few months and could be like losing couple of grands if for any reason I have to sell it.
$9000 sounds too good to be true. I am looking at $19000+ prices so far. Sellers reply rudely if offered $16-17k

$9000 is too good to be true. That means there is likely something wrong with it, which is usually a rusted out frame.

A 2006 Rubicon with that mileage in great shape would probably be closer to 17-19k in the current market.

$9000 is what I see for a beat up 1997-98 with 175k miles.
I'm glad I live in the south. When I originally bought my 03' for $9500, It was a one owner from Texas (no rust) with 120,000 miles. The retired military PO had every service record from the day he drove it off the show room floor. He even gave me the window sticker.
p.s. When I bought it back 9 months ago for $9,000, it looked even better (after sitting in a garage and being polished for 2 years).
RUBI 5 15 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

RUBI 6 25 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad I live in the south. When I originally bought my 03' for $9500, It was a one owner from Texas (no rust) with 120,000 miles. The retired military PO had every service record from the day he drove it off the show room floor. He even gave me the window sticker.
p.s. When I bought it back, it looked even better (after sitting in a garage and being polished for 2 years).
View attachment 236605
Are you selling? 🙂

@Chris @TheBoogieman et all wanted to know your opinion on the following build sheet of a potential purchase I'm looking at
Are all rubicons standard with dana 44 in both front and rear?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Equipment Listing

Vehicle Description 2006 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON 4X4 Convenience Group Monotone Paint Off Road Group 117 Amp Alternator 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery 4-Wheel Disc Brakes High Back Bucket Seats Easy Access Driver Tip & Slide Seats Reclining Front Seats Rear Folding Seat Next Generation Front Air Bags** Front Seat Area Carpet Rear Seat/Wheelhouse/Cargo Carpet Cargo Tie Down Loops Sport Bar w/Full Padding 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Part Time 4WD Sys Heavy Duty Dana 44 Front Axle 4.11 Rear Axle Ratio Heavy Duty Dana 44 Rear Axle Tru-Lok Front & Rear Axles Tinted Windshield Glass Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Rear View Day/Night Mirror Swing-Away Mirrors Air Conditioning Instrument Cluster w/Tach 100 MPH Primary Speedometer Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers Single Low Note Horn 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet Locking Glove Box LT. QUARTZ - Badge - Rubicon Lt. Quartz - Badge - Jeep, Lower Cow EXTERIOR COMPONENT COLOR Halogen Headlamps Front Fog Lamps CHMSL Lamp Black Front Bumper Black Rear Bumper Bumper Extensions Black Diamond Plate Sill Guards Chrome Headlamp Bezels Black Front Frame Overlay Body Color Grille Trail Rated Badge EVAP Control System 19 Gallon Fuel Tank Low Vol Midnight Blue Pearl Coat AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl 7 Speakers Inc Subwoofer/Tweeters Power Steering 2

High Pressure Gas Charged Shocks Front Stabilizer Bar Tilt Steering Column Full Size Spare Tire Outside Tire Carrier LT245/75R16E BSW 31" MT/R Tires 16X8.0 "MOAB" Silver Wheels Upgraded OBD-II Connectors Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield 2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks Tethered Fuel Filler Cap Protective Coating and Remover Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications GVW Rating - 4600# U.S. Dealer Retail Zone 71-Los Angeles TJ-Vehicle Family Four Wheel Drive (4WD)/(4X4) Left Hand Drive (LHD) Price Class S No Cargo Box Short Wheel Base (SWB) Vehicle Order Tracking U.S. Specifications Label Idaho Ship to State Code Idaho Sold to State Code OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT 3

Cloth High-Back Bucket Seats Dark Slate Gray Open Smoker's Group 4.0L ENG(ERH)/6SPD M/T NSG370 (DEH) Easy Access Pass Tip & Slide Seat Front Floor Mats Full Length Floor Console Removable Ash Tray All Manual Transmissions 6-Speed Manual NSG370 Transmission 4.0L I6 Power Tech Engine Light Tint Front Door Windows Rear Window Defroster Sunrider Soft Top Rear Window Wiper/Washer Cigar Lighter Courtesy Lamps Underhood Lamp 50 State Emissions Federal Tier 2, Bin 9A Emissions Speed Control Next Generation Engine Controller Low Vol Midnight Blue Pearl Coat All Radio Equipped Vehicles Fixed Long Mast Antenna Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel Rear Stabilizer Bar Goodyear Brand Tires 4

Black Easy Folding Soft Top Black Hard Top Matching Spare Wheel All Aluminum Wheels Manuf Statement of Origin 3.2 Additional Gallons of Gas Spring - Left Rear Spring - Left Front Spring - Right Rear Spring - Right Front

2006 Customer Preferred Package 2TU

Customer Preferred Package 25U Paint Order Code 5

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So does it means the prices are at peak and could go down in few months and could be like losing couple of grands if for any reason I have to sell it.
$9000 sounds too good to be true. I am looking at $19000+ prices so far. Sellers reply rudely if offered $16-17k
You can never tell its like house prices! If you buy a TJ at a high price now and own it you dont need to sell it off cheaper but if you finance and all of a sudden cant afford payments then you may have to cut your loses and sell it cheaper.

Example TJ in Australia Pre plandemic $8000 ($6000us) Insurance value $8000-$8500au Now same TJ asking up to $16000au but Insurance value is still $8000 - $8500au.

People with finance are forced to pay very high insurance costs to cover the price paid for the TJ over the book value.
Finance payments high insurance payments back to pre plandemic higher gas prices plus high maintenance costs = big mistake for the Burger Flipper student who spent all their pocket change on a lift and bigger tires. :)

Market demand is to blame for high 4x4 prices because people cant travel so they go off the beaten track closer to home and TJs look cool but if and when travel goes semi normal the world will be flooded with used 4x4,s no longer needed. :)

My theory about why the prices are so high for the decent ones... these jeeps are getting old, anywhere from 15 to 23 years old. The ones that have been well maintained, kept rust free, and have relatively low miles are getting fewer and fewer in numbers. The demand is going up, in part because there is practically a cult following, and part because they're capable, classic, the 4.0 engine, and they're pre computer and electronic everything so they're simple enough for most people to work on themselves. As an added plus the aftermarket support for parts and mods is still huge. IMO, the prices may fluctuate some, but I don't expect them to fall. Likely they'll stay high and even go higher, but that's just my two cents.

Last edited:
What's relatively low miles?

120k-160k?

At 17yrs young mine it at 160k. That's only 9400/ yr. And many of those were towing miles from a snowbird.