What is it about the look of Metalcloak fenders that some do not like?

UKTJ

TJ Addict
I noticed a comment in a recent very popular thread about a dislike of how MC fenders look, I believe I have seen this said before. Personally I don’t think they look bad at all. So if you do not like the look of MC fenders, can you share what it is? I guess, as compared to performance issues how something looks is an option, not an objective fact, but I am still interested.

To avoid a rerun of the other thread, I’m not asking about MC marketing or performance (things such as if the MC fenders allow more travel or not). My question is purely about aesthetics.

Reactions: JMT and BugoutJeep
I noticed a comment in a recent very popular thread about a dislike of how MC fenders look, I believe I have seen this said before. Personally I don’t think they look bad at all. So if you do not like the look of MC fenders, can you share what it is? I guess, as compared to performance issues how something looks is an option, not an objective fact, but I am still interested.

To avoid a rerun of the other thread, I’m not asking about MC marketing or performance (things such as if the MC fenders allow more travel or not). My question is purely about aesthetics.

Everyone likes what they like. Aesthetics are personal based on your particular value system, how that relates to a product is all up to you. That and why the fuck do you even care why folks think they are ugly? You're stirring shit under the guise of not stirring shit.

I absolutely love the Metalcloak Overlines. That’s what I have in aluminum. Perfect with 4” flares front and back. As far as anyone not liking them? I couldn’t care less what anyone thinks…

You’ll get differing opinions from people I’m sure. A lot will just pile on because that tends to happen quite a bit. What’s funny is if you look way back on other Jeep sites some of the same people with the negative comments were talking about liking and wanting a set, lol…

Last edited:
The Metalcloak design aesthetic is an offshoot of the cartoonish brodozer look that has been ruining perfectly good trucks for at least the last 15 years.

KRYPTON-TRUCK-02042016.jpg

Prove it.

People can do their own research. I’m not here to pile on with excess negativity. The posts are out there to be found. Besides the main one that comes to mind is a mod that likes to have unagreeable threads locked…

• Wow
Reactions: L J
People can do their own research. I’m not here to pile on with excess negativity. The posts are out there to be found. Besides the main one that comes to mind is a mod that likes to have unagreeable threads locked…

You want us to prove your claim? No.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
The Metalcloak design aesthetic is an offshoot of the cartoonish brodozer look that has been ruining perfectly good trucks for at least the last 15 years.

View attachment 359875

Reminds me a lot of these infamous Jeep grilles. The Metalcloak fenders remind me of this brodozer style.

2017-jeep-wrangler-6x6.jpeg

You want us to prove your claim? No.

Again, I don’t care one bit what anyone thinks. My point is I have been on the forums for years and years, mainly as a lurker/learner and occasional poster. Anyone that has done the same has saw a lot of people do a 180 about Metalcloak. People that thought they may be a cool new thing in the market. Expressing positivity then and since jumped on the ugly bandwagon…

If you wish to pile on, as you usually seem to do, then let’s talk about something else more interesting. Arguing about what each individual thinks of aesthetics is a complete waste of time as no two people have the same taste, usually…

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho and jjvw
Again, I don’t care one bit what anyone thinks. My point is I have been on the forums for years and years, mainly as a lurker/learner and occasional poster. Anyone that has done the same has saw a lot of people do a 180 about Metalcloak. People that thought they may be a cool new thing in the market. Expressing positivity then and since jumped on the ugly bandwagon…

If you wish to pile on, as you usually seem to do, then let’s talk about something else more interesting. Arguing about what each individual thinks of aesthetics is a complete waste of time as no two people have the same taste, usually…

You made the claim. This is your hole.