What is the best riding shock for 2" lift?

Boltsoul

Hello everyone, my first day in this forum. I have a question for the people that are more knowledgeable than me( quite everyone)
I am new to Jeeps. I biught 2003 Jeep TJ 4.0 manual three months ago. I am Looking to get a 2” lift on it and want to go with the best option. I am looking for a smoother ride and an overall improved performance. I Won’t be taking it off road too much, mostly daily driving. I knownut Is a Jeep not a Cadillac and that’s what I love about it but I think My current stock coils with Bilstein shocks in the front and (unknown) white shocks in the rear is a little too stiff. I started Doing some research and I have been hearing good things about the OME 2” lift kit. I also Read Chris’s post about the lift kits and shocks, and that he recommends the rancho rs5000x for the smoother ride. I am wondering what is the smoothest shock for the 2” lift if I am to go with the OME. Not looking to tow or crazy off-roading. It is my daily driver. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
T

I am wondering what is the smoothest shock for the 2” lift if I am to go with the OME.

Having tried just about all the "bolt-on" shocks out there, the Rancho RS5000X rides the best of them all (and is also the cheapest oddly enough).

Most will agree with me on this as well.

Also, remember that ride quality isn't all about the shocks. I suggest giving this thread a read:
How can I fix a harsh ride on my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

As you'll discover, there's way more to it than just shocks!

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your reply. I am running 32” BfGoodrich AT on 15” rims. Need to check the PSI but I think it’s on the high side now. Would the RS55239 front and RS55241 rear work with the OEM 2” lift? Would basically be the
  • Front Coil Springs
  • Rear Coil Springs
  • FKWTJ02 Track Rod Bracket
  • FK16 Bump Stop Extensions
  • OMESD40 Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer. That’s the 2” kit without the shocks. Would I need anything else? Thanks again

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your reply. I am running 32” BfGoodrich AT on 15” rims. Need to check the PSI but I think it’s on the high side now. Would the RS55239 front and RS55241 rear work with the OEM 2” lift? Would basically be the

• Front Coil Springs
  • Rear Coil Springs
  • OMESD40 Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer. That’s the 2” kit without the shocks. Would I need anything else? Thanks again

The only other thing you’d need would be some washers to drop the transfer case (or a SYE / CV driveshaft / upper adjustable rear control arms).

Just did the Rancho's myself. But tire pressure is also important for smoother ride.
Thanks Rick, I agree. I need to recheck mine. Had my tires changed two weeks ago at lesschwab and I think they like to over inflate them. I am running 32” BfGoodrich AT

To resume what you looking for; DPG Offroad OME for the win. Dirk is the OME expert Nationwide and he can answer all the questions you may have. I do went with the Ultimate TJ/LJ Hybrid kit on my LJ and the only reason is going out is due the FF Axle and 37's project. Since you have BFG 32" I will suggest to point that to Dirk he may have better kit that fit your tires properly but I suggest to upgrade the tires to BFG KO2 33 x 10.5, 12.5 Load range C the true measurement is 32.250 so you will grew up but not too much.

Do not fall for the OME Stabilizer Hype. It will yield the same results as other half of the price stabilizers.

• Front Coil Springs
  • Rear Coil Springs

Front bumpstops.

I ordered my 2” OME Ultimate kit from Dirk at DPG Off-road also. He’ll set you up with everything you need and ask you lots of questions.

The front bumpstops will come in the kit. I ordered HD springs due to heavier than stock front / rear bumpers and tire carrier, winch and winch plate. It ended up giving me 2.5” of lift. I had to add a spacer up front to level it out. The OME nitrocharger sport shocks in the kit are good except in certain areas like manhole covers, eneven expansion joints in the road, washboard roads, etc. The jar you pretty good in those situations even with lowered tire pressures.

My plan is to get the Rancho RS5000x’s front and rear pretty soon.

Reactions: Boltsoul
You're running 32's on a stock Jeep?
Yes. I got the 0.75 coil stoppers.
6CA7AAB8-529E-4D33-8CF0-247405AB44F4.jpeg

Front bumpstops.

I ordered my 2” OME Ultimate kit from Dirk at DPG Off-road also. He’ll set you up with everything you need and ask you lots of questions.

The front bumpstops will come in the kit. I ordered HD springs due to heavier than stock front / rear bumpers and tire carrier, winch and winch plate. It ended up giving me 2.5” of lift. I had to add a spacer up front to level it out. The OME nitrocharger sport shocks in the kit are good except in certain areas like manhole covers, eneven expansion joints in the road, washboard roads, etc. The jar you pretty good in those situations even with lowered tire pressures.

My plan is to get the Rancho RS5000x’s front and rear pretty soon.
Thank you. That helps a lot. Will give Dirk a call.