What is the best riding shock for 2" lift?

Thank you. That helps a lot. Will give Dirk a call.

There are different levels of kits as far as the OME/hybrid kits go, depending on how far you want to take it and how much you want to spend.

https://dpgoffroad.com/product-cate...-kits/tj-kits/old-man-emu-tjlj-wrangler-kits/

But, if you're planning on getting Rancho shocks, there's no need to really get one of the kits. You could just get he springs you want and Dirk can help you with choosing the right ones for your Jeeps setup.

https://dpgoffroad.com/product/old-man-emu-3/

Last edited:
Reactions: Boltsoul
So the RS55239 front and RS55241 rear would be the ones I would need to order for the 2” lift?
Yes. Now if you do go with OME springs while Dirk at DPG if very knowledgeable (and talkative) he charges shipping where others don't. I used him but looking back there is enough experience here on the forum to make his knowlege not worth the added shipping IMO.

As I mentioned I just finished my lift and went with:

Springs - 89.00 ea (+50 shipping)
2934 Front,
2942 Rear

Shocks - on sale 150.00 ish (4 for 3)
RS55239 Front
RS55241 Rear

(Not needed) I also installed adj track bars front and rear (~ 130.00 ea) and quick disconnects 80.00.

So ~ 900.00 all in seems reasonable though a bit more than I had planned. But your mileage will vary since you have a short wheelbase.

There are different levels of kits as far as the OME/hybrid kits go, depending on how far you want to take it and how much you want to spend.

https://dpgoffroad.com/product-cate...-kits/tj-kits/old-man-emu-tjlj-wrangler-kits/

But, if you're planning on getting Rancho shocks, there's no need to really get one of the kits. You could just get he springs you want and Dirk can help you with choosing the right ones for your Jeeps setup.

https://dpgoffroad.com/product/old-man-emu-3/
Thank you, that’s what I was thinking too. I am not going to use the ome shocks. Will give him a call on Monday and see what he says. Thanks again

Yes. Now if you do go with OME springs while Dirk at DPG if very knowledgeable (and talkative) he charges shipping where others don't. I used him but looking back there is enough experience here on the forum to make his knowlege not worth the added shipping IMO.

As I mentioned I just finished my lift and went with:

Springs - 89.00 ea (+50 shipping)
2934 Front,
2942 Rear

Shocks - on sale 150.00 ish (4 for 3)
RS55239 Front
RS55241 Rear

(Not needed) I also installed adj track bars front and rear (~ 130.00 ea) and quick disconnects 80.00.

So ~ 900.00 all in seems reasonable though a bit more than I had planned. But your mileage will vary since you have a short wheelbase.
Thank you Tj Addict. Are those springs part numbers for the OME? I know they come in light, medium, heavy, right? I am tempted to go with the medium load since I will Be using my Jeep as a daily driver 90% of the time. I do Have an aftermarket bumper and planning on getting a winch but that’s only an approx 100 pounds weight gain. Looking for the smoothest ride. Thanks

@Boltsoul , my springs are:

Front- 2933
Rear - 2942

@05 Blue Unlimited and I both have LJ’s though. I wish I had gotten the 2934 front like he suggested for my LJ and probably wouldn’t have had to add the spacer to level it out.

@bobthetj03 has a good suggestion for your TJ though.

@Boltsoul , my springs are:

Front- 2933
Rear - 2942

@05 Blue Unlimited and I both have LJ’s though. I wish I had gotten the 2934 front like he suggested for my LJ and probably wouldn’t have had to add the spacer to level it out.

@bobthetj03 has a good suggestion for your TJ though.

Same springs I have. 2941 rears would be the light duty's.

Thank you. So 2934 front is the HD and 2941 rear light duty. That’s for a 2” lift? Thanks so much again
Yeah but I think you should think a bit down the road to what your future plans might be. After market front bumper and winch def need the HD springs. Same for the rear, after market bumper, gear, towing those things add weight. I am not saying the LD springs in the rear is a mistake but consider the future. On the other hand u you can always upgrade to the HD's when needed for ~180.00

If you wanted the smoothest ride on the street and on say bad logging roads vs offroading - which OME spring set up, front and back, would you suggest?

I was going to go light duty front and back. As an adventure for me is long drives up into the mountains on old logging roads in the PNW. TJ is completely stock. Only future plans are SMittybuilt front and rear tube bumpers (tow rated. Although I don't have immediate or even long term plans of towing. Just want it there in case I needed it. And the non tow rated tube bumpers are only $50 cheaper. I was thinking maybe someday a small trailer to haul stuff from from stores or to the dump). The Smittybuilt tube bumpers add maybe another 150lbs-200lbs? No tire carrier.

Ride comfort is largely a combination of shocks, tire load rating, and tire pressure. Springs on the other hand support the weight of the vehicle. Personally I would go with (and did) a HD spring.