What is the best steering for my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

On my XJ, I bent/broke two stock setups. For my LJ, I'm going with the Curry currentllync. I found a heavy branch will bend the stock setup and leave you stranded. I'm going to spend money so I can ride, not repair 😁

Admittedly new with forums. I just purchased a 1999 Sahara with 50,000 original mile. It has a Currie Rock Jock 4" lift with 35" tires. The steering is very sloppy and worries me. I am looking for a good quality upgraded steering box and pump to fix it. Any experienced suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Admittedly new with forums. I just purchased a 1999 Sahara with 50,000 original mile. It has a Currie Rock Jock 4" lift with 35" tires. The steering is very sloppy and worries me. I am looking for a good quality upgraded steering box and pump to fix it. Any experienced suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Post photos of your current steering, track bar, and pitman arm setup.

As for the best steering recommendations, read the first post in this thread.

IMG_2442.jpg
IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2444.jpg

Can you please take a picture showing the frame side trackbar mount? It looks like you have some sort of red washer underneath the nut?

Reactions: Chris
Can you please take a picture showing the frame side trackbar mount? It looks like you have some sort of red washer underneath the nut?
That's rust. He likely needs to tighten the track bar bolt.

That is the red grease I used to lude the fittings. Every joint on the front has a grease fitting. Something like 15 fittings.

It probably wouldn't hurt to go through the complete suspension and check every bolt. There is a pop noise in the front that happens regularly. Unsure if it is suspension related or bearing related.

That is not good!!!!

The trackbar mount has a recess around the Nut. You need a small washer that fits inside of the recess. The way you have it, that bolt is loose and will continue to come loose as that washer crushes.

Thank you! I bought the Jeep with the lift already installed. I can repair that issue no problem. Just need to find the correct part.

Item #12. Maybe give Rockjock a call and see if they can get you the correct washer. I would get a new nut and bolt too, but you don't have to get that from Rockjock.

Attachments

• CE-9120TJS.pdf
    282.2 KB · Views: 199
That’s a currie steering set up and a currie draglink. All good components!

Well formerly currie, now rockjock.