What is the name of this hose going from valve cover to intake?

Fonz54

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone know what the name of this hose is that goes from the valve cover to the air intake?

Breather_Hose.jpg

crankcase vent tube. ordered from the dealer for my 03 6 cylinder. part number 53030615 cost me $7.68
Thanks I did a search on the OEM part number and found it Summit Racing had it so I ordered it from them. It was $11.99 and special order. Probably should have gone to the dealer.

If you need to replace this one, also check the ones on the back of the valve cover - the crankcase breather. Mine shot off the other day cracked and dried out. I broke the plastic hose removing it because it was so brittle..

dorman-pcv-valve-hose-47128.jpg

Or with the plastic tube also.
04854265-a.jpg

If you need to replace this one, also check the ones on the back of the valve cover - the crankcase breather. Mine shot off the other day cracked and dried out. I broke the plastic hose removing it because it was so brittle..

View attachment 111724

View attachment 111725

bottom photo is the crankcase vent to intake tube. part number 4854265.. stupid expensive at the dealer, i paid $60 because i broke the rubber on the end of it and was unable to find replacement rubber hose sections for the plastic hose and didnt want to use a couple pieces of rubber fuel line. later i found rockauto sells the little rubber ends stupid cheap.

bottom photo is the crankcase vent to intake tube. part number 4854265.. stupid expensive at the dealer, i paid $60 because i broke the rubber on the end of it and was unable to find replacement rubber hose sections for the plastic hose and didnt want to use a couple pieces of rubber fuel line. later i found rockauto sells the little rubber ends stupid cheap.

Lol! I bought the stupid cheap little ends, and broke the rest of it while replacing...ended up having t buy the whole thing for $45 - but happy I found the actual mopar part rather than dorman, so hopefully it lasts another 15 years or so.

Most the auto parts bulk hose I've bought is lucky to last two or three years - I did this on my YJ on several hoses. The original Mopar hose lasted 15 years. I'll do it once.

Then you likely used the wrong hose. I have bulk PCV hoses that are 10+ years old on things.

If you used a heater hose, it will last about 2 years before they disintegrate. Less if it sees a lot of oil/atf.

Then you likely used the wrong hose. I have bulk PCV hoses that are 10+ years old on things.

If you used a heater hose, it will last about 2 years before they disintegrate. Less if it sees a lot of oil/atf.

Likely I was given the wrong hose then. I still stand by using the OEM. Dorman et al do not hold up over time under the hood. If you can spec out the correct hose in bulk locally, then no reason not to do that too.

View attachment 111724

View attachment 111725
Ordered the two rubber ends should be here today. Plastic tubing was still in good shape.

Lol! I bought the stupid cheap little ends, and broke the rest of it while replacing...ended up having t buy the whole thing for $45 - but happy I found the actual mopar part rather than dorman, so hopefully it lasts another 15 years or so.

I was replacing my throttle position sensor and managed to foobar mine. the little rubber end split and i figured since ive been buying nearly 90% mopar parts for all my repairs id keep it that way.. at least thats how i justified the expense after i was dealer raped. between replacing and the time it had broke i limped by by just using some pretty standard rubber hose i had laying around to stop the vacuum leak i caused.

Does anyone have a part number for these rubber ends mentioned? Don't know what I'm looking for on Rockauto

Does anyone have a part number for these rubber ends mentioned? Don't know what I'm looking for on Rockauto

View attachment 111724

View attachment 111725
I need to replace this but for a 2.5l engine on my 2002 jeep tj. Called dealership and read some online blogs and looks like I have to jerry rig my own. Does anyone have advice on how to do this?