What is the name of this part?

q8ieng

TJ Enthusiast
Hello TJ fellas,

I want to know the name of this part that keeps leaking gear oil:
(It is above the oil gear pan, it looks like a sensor/switch)

Jeep Wrangler 2000 (4.0 Sport)

Thank you.

IMG_5746.jpg

That is the electrical connector for the torque converter lockup solenoid circuit. That's what locks your 32RH's torque converter up once you reach cruising speed. The p/n for the part that screws into the transmission that electrical connector is plugged into is Mopar 56038235.

Reactions: Vcook and mots
Looks like someone used some kind of putty or something in the past to stop the leak.

That is the electrical connector for the torque converter lockup solenoid circuit. That's what locks your 32RH's torque converter up once you reach cruising speed. The p/n for the part that screws into the transmission that electrical connector is plugged into is Mopar 56038235.

Appreciated, a little more search I did on the part given. Are you definite about it?
Or is it the Neutral safety switch?

Please confirm, and if there is a website where I can buy it together with the two wires (whole connector) would be great.

Gratitude.

NO that is not the NSS. Yes I am absolutely definite on it. The wiring harness with the bare wires leading to it is a separate part. I'd just repair the wiring leading to the connector together with replacing that part.

NO that is not the NSS. Yes I am absolutely definite on it. The wiring harness with the bare wires leading to it is a separate part. I'd just repair the wiring leading to the connector together with replacing that part.

Thank you, will buy it.
Truly appreciated.

Appreciated, a little more search I did on the part given. Are you definite about it?
Or is it the Neutral safety switch?

Please confirm, and if there is a website where I can buy it together with the two wires (whole connector) would be great.

Gratitude.
The NSS has 3 wires going through the connector.

Do you know the part number of electrical connector from harness side? My plug is broken.
Thank you in advance.

It's easy to find the connector on the transmission but it's damned hard to find the other half of that connector on the harness side that connects to it. I've had no luck in 20 minutes of searching but they're bound to be out there. I'd probably get in touch with Davey's Jeeps and tell them you need the harness-side connector for the 32RH lockup solenoid connector.

Reactions: q8ieng
Update of the situation. As I learnt there is no repair kit for this connector and no part stand alone. It is part of the transmission harness. But..

As I'm a big fan of MacGyver (he was driving YJ), I've done it in my way. I've ordered solenoid WVE 2N1208

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1192460&cc=1373723&jsn=9

https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1373723&parttype=17903
and gues what? Bulls eye. The connector is exactly this one. I cut it from solenoid and soldered to wires from harness. Everything working perfect.
Remark: red-green wire is on top and orange-green at the botom in my configuration. If you connect it viceversa the engin fault indicator on instrument cluster will apper. If you do it proper way fault light comes off.

Cheers.
IMG_20200909_165345.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Update of the situation. As I learnt there is no repair kit for this connector and no part stand alone. It is part of the transmission harness. But..

As I'm a big fan of MacGyver (he was driving YJ), I've done it in my way. I've ordered solenoid WVE 2N1208

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1192460&cc=1373723&jsn=9

https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1373723&parttype=17903
and gues what? Bulls eye. The connector is exactly this one. I cut it from solenoid and soldered to wires from harness. Everything working perfect.
Remark: red-green wire is on top and orange-green at the botom in my configuration. If you connect it viceversa the engin fault indicator on instrument cluster will apper. If you do it proper way fault light comes off.

Cheers.View attachment 188839View attachment 188840
I am very confused. I went looking for a repair connector, saw that solenoid and the connector on it and thought that it was very familiar looking and in fact looked exactly like the harness side. Then I saw the applications for it included the 97-02 Wrangler which confused me further since it would have to be the other side of that since that solenoid goes inside the trans.

I'm going to go sit in the corner and think about this some.

I am very confused. I went looking for a repair connector, saw that solenoid and the connector on it and thought that it was very familiar looking and in fact looked exactly like the harness side. Then I saw the applications for it included the 97-02 Wrangler which confused me further since it would have to be the other side of that since that solenoid goes inside the trans.

I'm going to go sit in the corner and think about this some.
Had the same question. I am having the same problem. I am getting a P0740 code. Also having shifting issues

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg