What is the next best thing to a Derale transmission cooler?

What was the temp before and after the cooler install?

Reason I ask is we just had the opportunity to record both for the cooler we use with the 42RLE. Before was nearly 250 sustained, after, 150 sustained with occasional spikes to 165.
That's a nice drop, aux fan or is the engine fan pulling air through both it and the radiator?

I just do them custom. I don't post about them much because they are expensive and require pulling the grill to install them.

Your work looks very nice and polished esp when combined with the finned power steering cooler. I am just running the factory pump so this PSC kit does the job for me. The bracket they send is pretty good. The only thing that I want to fix it the future is the fittings. Not as robust as the ones you put in.

Last edited:
What kind of temperature differences were you guys seeing with this cooler?

It was about 20° difference for me. It wasn’t quite into the super hot time of year for me, mid 90’s.

This past Labor Day weekend I seen my highest temps on it. We drove to the top of on of the mountains in a State Park here. Maybe 8-10 steep miles with lots if switch-backs. It got to about 185-190°.

Reactions: Mora