What is the small connection in stereo?

utilityvehicle

Trying to put in an aftermarket stereo and everything shows I should only have one connection yet my jeep has two? Any help

jeep.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Please fill out the about section so we know what year, trim, engine and so on about your Wrangler. What year is your Jeep? Does it have a factory sub in the center console? Is the current head unit stock?

I have run into this extra plug on 97's only and it has something to do with BUS and won't be used with the new radio

Welcome to the forum! Please fill out the about section so we know what year, trim, engine and so on about your Wrangler. What year is your Jeep? Does it have a factory sub in the center console? Is the current head unit stock

Welcome to the forum! Please fill out the about section so we know what year, trim, engine and so on about your Wrangler. What year is your Jeep? Does it have a factory sub in the center console? Is the current head unit stock?
Sorry, I tried to find where to add that info but could not.

2005 Jeep TJ Sport
4.0L
Stock stereo, jeep is new to me but there is sound coming from my center console.

The second connector is for the AUX input/output to the deck, Chrysler has several gadgets you can plug into it, satellite radio, cd changer or an ipod adapter. You don't need it.

Reactions: P man