What is the weather like where you live?

Evan77

She’s not leaking oil, she’s sweating power!
Supporting Member
I live in Louisiana.
Let the hurricane parties begin!!
0427333A-72E0-4FA7-818B-DF818FA2BD68.jpg

Reactions: Tob and Chris
Hot humid, real feel of 106 yesterday afternoon…not to bad at night but still humid. Hang on for Ida, good luck.

8B15CD5D-E34C-49A9-A187-653B9F0090E0.png

What’s the humidity there?. It’s been around 100 here but with around 70 to 100 percent humidity, so it feels MUCH hotter
Not too bad, about 30 to 35%. Looking to get monsoon action next week. That always drives up the humidity.

high 80's to mid 90's recently. rain every day for last 3wks makes the humidity thick as butter.

lake erie provides constant high humidity in summer and massive snow amounts in winter,
worst weather in the country, overcast more than 220dys a yr.

Dude, hang on or better yet get out. This looks like another ugly one, good luck and 16 years to that day that Katrina hit, how crazy.
Yup, Baton Rouge’s and New Orleans data, and electrical grid is destroyed. We are looking at 2-3 weeks to get power to my house, which is about 30 miles east of br. No air conditioning nor data for your phone because a cell tower fell in the Mississippi River.

• Wow
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
high 80's to mid 90's recently. rain every day for last 3wks makes the humidity thick as butter.

lake erie provides constant high humidity in summer and massive snow amounts in winter,
worst weather in the country, overcast more than 220dys a yr.
I don’t mind the humidity actually, I’m used to it. I went to Memphis this weekend the escape the storm and my throat was killing me because it was dry.

If you move to UT don't live in the SLC valley!!! Some of the worst pollution in the country. I wish I had some my research before we moved. This summer in particular really has me bummed out from all the fires, it's been so bad we've barely gone outside. Legitimately depressing. The winters suck ass too from the inversions, everything gets trapped here in the valley & some nights it's IFR just trying to drive home. You can see the sharp beams from your headlights.

Other than that it's nice.

Reactions: PurpleTJAZ
If you move to UT don't live in the SLC valley!!! Some of the worst pollution in the country. I wish I had some my research before we moved. This summer in particular really has me bummed out from all the fires, it's been so bad we've barely gone outside. Legitimately depressing. The winters suck ass too from the inversions, everything gets trapped here in the valley & some nights it's IFR just trying to drive home. You can see the sharp beams from your headlights.

Other than that it's nice.
I might move to UT after college.. depends on job offers. Is it expensive?

I might move to UT after college.. depends on job offers. Is it expensive?
Northern Utah is bonkers for housing right now because we're in the middle of a huge population boom. So much so that guys in the military being stationed here not only can't afford a house, there's nothing available to buy in the first place. I know a couple of guys who ended up finding a place up near Idaho and commuting 1.5hrs per day. Another guy who took an engineering gig here earlier in the year is still living in a hotel. The value of my house has more than doubled in the last four years, it is absolutely insane.

Northern Utah is bonkers for housing right now because we're in the middle of a huge population boom. So much so that guys in the military being stationed here not only can't afford a house, there's nothing available to buy in the first place. I know a couple of guys who ended up finding a place up near Idaho and commuting 1.5hrs per day. Another guy who took an engineering gig here earlier in the year is still living in a hotel. The value of my house has more than doubled in the last four years, it is absolutely insane.
That’s crazy. I’ve wondered why southern jobs pay a lot less than jobs in the west, but that’s proably because living down here, especially louisiana, is extremely cheap when compared to other states.

That’s crazy. I’ve wondered why southern jobs pay a lot less than jobs in the west, but that’s proably because living down here, especially louisiana, is extremely cheap when compared to other states.
Hell yeah it is. We moved here from the FL panhandle, at the time it was about comparable but that's no longer the case. Prices have been rising out here everywhere in general because of the great Cali flight, but the SLC valley in particular has skyrocketed over the last few years because lots of businesses have been moving in as well.

Good luck with the job hunt though, if you get any offers from a place out this way do yourself a favor & research the housing situation before you accept!!