What is the weather like where you live?

Trust me, you don’t want a hurricane to come your way, I wish you’d fly down here and see the damage it’s done. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen

Oh, I didn't mean the brunt of it. Sometimes when a hurricane hits the coast, it'll head this direction as it weakens and dump a bunch of rain on us for a few days. Winds are mild by that point, not strong enough to qualify as a tropical storm or damage anything.

I get kinda pissed off when it's been so consistently hot that a day destined for 90 feels pleasant.

1631115827309.png

I got really homesick this weekend in SW Colorado. It's so nice to go outside and not really notice the temperature because the temperature and humidity from June through September are such that it doesn't really feel much different than indoors.

Reactions: mrjp
Hot and humid all year round. During hurricane season feels like a dodgeball game.

This is today with 63% humidity:

E1C8C793-0840-472F-9C75-8B6E222110A1.png

Too hot. Past the first week of September and it’s 106 today. Climate change in action. Hotter longer in the year.
And I’m sure @nother dry fall, winter and spring.

• Sad
I get kinda pissed off when it's been so consistently hot that a day destined for 90 feels pleasant.

View attachment 275629

I got really homesick this weekend in SW Colorado. It's so nice to go outside and not really notice the temperature because the temperature and humidity from June through September are such that it doesn't really feel much different than indoors.
I’d much rather it hot than cold because I hate the cold

Trust me, you don’t want a hurricane to come your way, I wish you’d fly down here and see the damage it’s done. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen
Been there done that and totally agree. You have any damage yourself?

Like where? Besides Catahoula Rec?

Must have not seen Laura's aftermath... Oh wait, that's right, we dodged a bulle
Been there done that and totally agree. You have any damage yourself?
Ridge vent on the house was blown off just waiting on the roofing people to take a look

Must have not seen Laura's aftermath... Oh wait, that's right, we dodged a bullet!

Must have not seen Laura's aftermath... Oh wait, that's right, we dodged a bullet!
The tunica hills area has rocks. Clinton, Jackson, greens burg area has some rocks but mostly very hilly terrain that will swallow a jeep if you’re not careful. That’s where LA 4x4 always rides.

The one maybe 50 miles south of Manila is Jolina. Has been pounding us with wind and rain since Monday. Is on I think 8th landfall as sweeps across archipelago and has done good deal of damage.

The one to north is Kiko. Hopefully it keeps current course but have seen reports may hit more in center of island. If does then will likely have wind rain into weekend.

View attachment 275611
Don’t typhoons put hurricanes to shame?

Don’t typhoons put hurricanes to shame?
Different name for same thing I believe. We usually get 2 or 3 per season that get close enough to Manila that get wind, rain, and of course flooding. Other locations in Philippines take more damage.

currently about 28F here in mid Michigan. calling for a light coating of freezing rain tonight and about 40F for a high tomorrow. but we will see. weather forecast this winter has been absolute shit... even on the day of the storm, highly inaccurate. last storm snowfall prediction was 8-12" a few days out, morning for the day of the storm it dropped to 4-6", afternoon about a hour before the storm predictions went back to 8-12" and we ended up with about a inch of snow total. currently just looking at dead grass again for probably the 10th time this season, otherwise majority of the season has been light snow cover with the grass poking through the surface of it.

anyhow how's the snow fall/cover out west, particularly the western half of Colorado. good amount this year, bad? I know the past few winters have been pretty low for snow fall.

• Wow
It was in the 70s today. High is 43 tomorrow and 25 with freezing rain on Wednesday.

I'd complain about how bipolar the weather has been but I've enjoyed having the warm days every couple of weeks.

currently about 28F here in mid Michigan. calling for a light coating of freezing rain tonight and about 40F for a high tomorrow. but we will see. weather forecast this winter has been absolute shit... even on the day of the storm, highly inaccurate. last storm snowfall prediction was 8-12" a few days out, morning for the day of the storm it dropped to 4-6", afternoon about a hour before the storm predictions went back to 8-12" and we ended up with about a inch of snow total. currently just looking at dead grass again for probably the 10th time this season, otherwise majority of the season has been light snow cover with the grass poking through the surface of it.

anyhow how's the snow fall/cover out west, particularly the western half of Colorado. good amount this year, bad? I know the past few winters have been pretty low for snow fall.
Well i can tell you down here in louisiana its been 60-70 and sunny to partly cloudly for the majority of the summer 😀