What is this charcoal / sludge in my oil pan?

See that's exactly what I was saying to everyone else. I did the Sea foam thing about 4 months ago. I bought two bottles. One was a spray and one was a liquid that you would pour. I put some in my gas tank in with my oil and spray the whole other bottle into my throttle body. My son had it on 2000 RPMs the entire time I was spraying. I even drove it around directly after like it's like I seen others do on YouTube. However the only difference is my car never smoked. I asked somebody else this but I want to ask you too, what do you think about the turpentine or transmission fluid idea of putting it in the engine for 20 minutes to clean it?
I did a quart of ATF and five quarts of oil, ran it for two weeks, around two hundred miles and the changed it again. The oil looked like it had been run 6k miles. No problems since.

Reactions: MsLarr
That doesn't necessarily mean you do or don't drive too conservatively or that the engine regularly or never sees higher full-throttle type rpms as is required on a regular basis to keep carbon deposits from forming. :)
I get the RPMs up to 3300 on a regular basis. Occasionally up to 4500. How do you recommend it done? A few times a week?

Can you really rely on youtube for reviews? When the person makes money on views?
I don't look for reviews I'm looking at the process of info. And I don't stop there. I'm here, on the web, asking ppl I know etc. I try to inform myself as much as I can two or three times before I start. I trust you guys. So ya, ivrely on YouTube. It's a wealth of information. I've learned a lot from it. I'm very grateful for all I've learned and been able to help myself.