What is this hardtop worth?

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
found this hard top for sale and the owner shared this is what is wrong with it. Is it hard to fix what he’s saying is wrong with it? He’s wanting 700, or high quality fishing gear which I might be able to tie into a deal. Thoughts?
60EF5A5B-D5A9-4EB3-879F-A33D1989BFAB.png
983C9231-5847-46E8-80AE-A8B8FA9D971A.png
E378FC30-6E93-4573-8189-49C14AC95BEA.png

yes, tremendously, to make it even more quiet I believe they sell a carpet type liner, had it on my JK hard top. My current TJ is only a soft top/half door one so it is really noisy, but I don't take it on long trips.

Reactions: Kathy
I just bought new hinges for mine for $60 for a set here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OI9ME4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Mine were worn and weathered, and I wanted them to look new again.

The rest of the top looks fine other than needing to be re-painted, which I did to my old hard top as well with some SEM trim black spray paint.

So yeah, I'd offer $500 I think, but be prepared to go a little higher. Up here that hardtop would sell for $1000 even in the condition it's in. Hardtops up here are highly sought after!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Kathy
Is the jeep a lot quieter with a hardtop on?

When I added a hardtop last year it quieted things down, but my wife loved the fact during the winter it gets super warm in the jeep. I think keeping hot air in was more noticeable than a noise reduction.

Living in GB, you know that cold weather I am talking about.

Reactions: Kathy
That's definitely (IMHO) not a $700 top as it sits. I'd offer $400, and if he says no, keep looking.

Looking at Chris's reply, it really shows how prices can vary. Here, that would be at most a $400 CAD top.

A mint one by me, in the northeast, runs between $900 - $1,200, so that $700 ask is not crazy, but I would try to get it down to $500-$550, then fix it up and you have a great top for under $700.

Reactions: Kathy and CodaMan