What is this the name of this door seal?

I have a 2003 TJ and there’s this thing I’m not sure at all what it does all I know is it wraps around my door seal, my soft top goes into it and screws into this little roll bar extension which I’m also not sure what to call but I’m looking to get rid of it cause I really do hate the way it looks however when I do there’s a gap between my roof and the door is there anyway past this I’m not sure if there’s a certain top I need or if I just have to deal with it any help would be appreciated.

8C19E051-492B-4006-B79E-901CA800C513.jpeg

w
The big black upside-down L shaped bracket? If so that's called the Door Surround. Bestop was the OME maker of it.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P22CJ6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

There are less costly aftermarket sources for it like Omix-Ada if you look around.

thanks a lot for telling me I had no clue what to call it but is there anyway I can still use my soft top without it cause I hate the way it looks but when I remove it I notice there’s a gap

w

thanks a lot for telling me I had no clue what to call it but is there anyway I can still use my soft top without it cause I hate the way it looks but when I remove it I notice there’s a gap
The top and the door has nothing to seal against without the door surround, it's just a normal Jeep thing. Not to mention the top fits a lot tighter and is much quieter when it's snapped into the door surround.

You'll get used to it, I still have mine installed and use it even for a barely-there Safari top.

DSC_0014 cropped. jpg.jpg

Reactions: MichaelGH
The top and the door has nothing to seal against without the door surround, it's just a normal Jeep thing. Not to mention the top fits a lot tighter and is much quieter when it's snapped into the door surround.

You'll get used to it, I still have mine installed and use it even for a barely-there Safari top.

View attachment 410364

Jesus Murfy that thing is pretty

Reactions: Jerry Bransford