What is this thing by the oil pan and should it have a hole in it?

Hikerguy797

20220726_200723.jpg

Did not mean to insult the OP if thats how it was taken. I personally cant imagine owning Jeep without having a fairly good ++ mechanical knowledge. Just my $.02 after owning a dozen or so of them. Either that or carry a personal mechanic every where one ventures and have a big bank account.

Oh lordy...Please buy a manual and educate yourself on basic parts. Might save your arse in the middle of nowhere someday.

The Man IS trying to educate himself that’s why he asked a question about his TJ on a TJ forum.
I find it disconcerting how many on this forum are nasty to newbys.

The Man IS trying to educate himself that’s why he asked a question about his TJ on a TJ forum.
I find it disconcerting how many on this forum are nasty to newbys.

If you see people being nasty, report the post or tag me in it so I can delete the offending comment.

Stuff like this can be off-putting to new TJ owners. That’s not the message we as a community should be sending 👍

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
  • Haha
Reactions: hear
I'm not a mechanic so that's why I asked....and I'm educating myself more every day! Thanks for the info!

View attachment 346966

200.gif

doesn't hurt to ask, some people jumped the gun because a starter is pretty basic. you gotta start somewhere though & to understand you gotta ask. if I didnt grow up under someone who searched for old fixable broken junk at yard sales id probably have no idea what it is either. little by little I worked my way into more involved stuff.