Currie 4" (16", 12")
1" rear spacer
Relocated and tucked rear upper spring seats
Flattened rear lower spring seats
Savvy skid
=====
19.5" frame height

Last edited:
Raising the pinion increases ride height. A tummy tuck will add ride height in addition to what normally occurs from the spring lift. An LJ requireds less of a raised pinion than a TJ.

Serbonze is 1.625" taller than I am. Tire wear, load range, and pressure certainly play into that, but are his rear springs as goofy as mine are?

How the little differences add up is interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and b0xcar
Raising the pinion increases ride height. A tummy tuck will add ride height in addition to what normally occurs from the spring lift. An LJ requireds less of a raised pinion than a TJ.

Serbonze is 1.625" taller than I am. Tire wear, load range, and pressure certainly play into that, but are his rear springs as goofy as mine are?

I didn't consider incorrect geometry and coil pad placement.

@tworley would be another odd one. The rear uppers have been moved, but not trimmed and fitted. But I don't recall what we did to the lowers. I just know they aren't stock.

Reactions: tworley
6 inch Nth Degree lift
37” Pitbull Rockers @ 22psi, 65% tread
22-3/8”
Notes: Ride Height is lower than expected due to all steel full corner armor, tummy tuck, full size spare, 9.5I winch, etc. No aluminum anywhere.

Reactions: bobthetj03
3" supreme suspension lift (tossed the pogo sticks for rancho 5000's) aftermarket steel bumpers (150lbs.) 12,000LB. winch, full size spare and new Aztec 33's....18 1/2

Reactions: JMT
6 inch Nth Degree lift
37” Pitbull Rockers @ 22psi, 65% tread
22-3/8”
Notes: Ride Height is lower than expected due to all steel full corner armor, tummy tuck, full size spare, 9.5I winch, etc. No aluminum anywhere.
What do the springs measure at ride height?

Very interesting. Minor differences making each jeep vastly different. I'll measure mine tomorrow when I return from vacation.

Reactions: JMT
Lift 3" zone kit
Tire 33" bfg at
Height 18"
Winch ,bumper and 33"spare. And full tank of gas
20181225_103617.jpg

Define goofy...if you mean airbags and all that, then no. They are standard Currie rears and the upper perches have not been relocated.

Tires are load range c at 26psi.

Based on the above post, I should also say that I have a nearly empty gas tank. I do have a relatively light Jeep and the Currie springs gave me 4.5" of lift front and rear.

Define goofy...if you mean airbags and all that, then no. They are standard Currie rears and the upper perches have not been relocated.

Tires are load range c at 26psi.

Based on the above post, I should also say that I have a nearly empty gas tank. I do have a relatively light Jeep and the Currie springs gave me 4.5" of lift front and rear.

The bags are empty. The key is that my spring seats are further apart than most others. That decreases the ride height. My intention in doing this was to build is some height adjustability while running the longer LJ coils. My guess is that I lost about an inch, which I restored with the spacer.

My gas tank is also full. But that only changes the ride height by about 3/8". My Curries also gave me an even 4" on average. That's another reason why we should be posting the actual measurements for this, rather than the advertised lift height and tire side wall sizes. See Daryl's post as another example.

The reason a raised pinion adds ride height is because the axle side spring seat sits forward of the axle tube. Raising the pinion tips the seat and lifts the spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and fuse
If I remember correctly, a Jeep engineer responded to this question once and said that the Rubicon suspension height is identical to the regular.
Correct.

But Moog markets two sets of TJ springs. One set is slightly shorter, and although Moog markets them for all non-Rubicon TJ models, I suspect they're really for the models with 2.5L engines. The other set of springs is slightly longer, and Moog markets them as specifically for the Rubicon models. They're a perfect fit for OEM ride height on my 4.0L Sport, though.

That's why "Rubicon" is in quotes.

Reactions: toximus
I'm running OME 2" springs, HD in front, LD in the rear.

285/70r17 tires(at 27 PSI)
16" Hub height
OME 2" (14", 10")

My Frame height is 17.5" at the middle body mount.

What do the springs measure at ride height?

Front: 15-7/8”
Rear: 9-15/16”
Notes: not included in spring measurements, 1-3/4” front spacer and rear upper spring relocation brackets.

All Stock 98 TJ,
235 x 75 x 15 26PSI
13.9" at the mid body mount area.
If it were any higher this old guy might not be able to get in and out.

Do I win the "Low Rider" prize? Ha Ha Neat information, TKS.

Reactions: Baird and jjvw
The bags are empty. The key is that my spring seats are further apart than most others. That decreases the ride height. My intention in doing this was to build is some height adjustability while running the longer LJ coils. My guess is that I lost about an inch, which I restored with the spacer.

My gas tank is also full. But that only changes the ride height by about 3/8". My Curries also gave me an even 4" on average. That's another reason why we should be posting the actual measurements for this, rather than the advertised lift height and tire side wall sizes. See Daryl's post as another example.

The reason a raised pinion adds ride height is because the axle side spring seat sits forward of the axle tube. Raising the pinion tips the seat and lifts the spring.
Speaking of raising the pinion, if using the control arms to do it, are you also sacrificing wheelbase?