What is your nominal ride height?

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I'm curious what "normal" lift heights and tire size combos are lifting Jeeps.

Please list:
* Lift installed (if any).
* Tire size
* With your Jeep level, measurement from the ground to the bottom of your mid-lower frame rails. Do not include the thickness of any skid in this measurement.

I'll start:

* I'm aiming for a 4" lift with coilovers.
* 37" MTR.
* 22" is my frame height.

*2” OME HD with 1 1/16” spacer up front for 3” total SL up front and 2 1/4-2 1/2” in rear
*33” Cooper STT Pro with 5/8 tread left
*18 1/4”

Reactions: b0xcar
This will be an interesting thread/comparison. I hope many will chime in and include their spring and tire manufacturers.

*Savvy/Currie 3" springs. I added 3/4" spacers on top due to the length of my shocks. I have a JKS 1.25" body lift providing clearance for the tummy tuck, although it does not affect frame measurement. I have also moved the stock upper spring buckets close to centered on the rear frame arch. I don't think that added any lift, not sure.
*35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR, about 90% tread left.
* Exactly 20" from the garage floor to bottom of frame.

Here's a level ground pic in its tallest top configuration, factory framed soft top. A bit taller than my hard top. I have only a couple more inches of clearance if I still want it to fit through my garage door!

20170409_175615_zpsftlsomcz.jpg

Reactions: Oscar and b0xcar
  • 2" BDS Lift
  • 32x11.50R15 KO2 (95% tread @26PSI)
  • 17.10"

3.5in Rubicon Express lift
31x10.5x15 KO2s 5/16th tread left 29.5in from floor to top of tires currently
18in

- 4" Savvy Mid-Arm Lift (Currie springs)
- 35X12.5R17 Goodyear KM2 Tires
- Frame Height is 22"

In addition to the tire size, it might be good to know the hub height. To account for wear and pressure. I'll be measuring mine soon and I expect a slightly unusual result by comparison to others.

- 4" Savvy Mid-Arm Lift (Currie springs)
- 35X12.5R17 Goodyear KM2 Tires
- Frame Height is 22"

I'm curious about yours as you're a full 2" more than TJDaveX with only 0.25-1" more suspension lift. Does this include any bumpers/spare/armor currently? Do you have a rake (front/rear higher/lower) after the recent work?

* Stock height with Moog "Rubicon" springs

If I remember correctly, a Jeep engineer responded to this question once and said that the Rubicon suspension height is identical to the regular.

I'm curious about yours as you're a full 2" more than TJDaveX with only 0.25-1" more suspension lift. Does this include any bumpers/spare/armor currently? Do you have a rake (front/rear higher/lower) after the recent work?

This is with a 35" full size spare on an Exogate carrier and no armor.

The front bumper is a Savvy aluminum and the rear bumper is the GenRight bumper plate. The front bumper and rear bumper (if you can even call it that) are so light, that I doubt they'll add any significant weight to the vehicle at all. The only real weight missing from it right now is the winch.

But I did take these measurements without the bumpers on FYI. The hardtop and full doors are on though. Once those get removed (in the Summer), I'd venture to say I might gain a bit in height.

I currently have maybe the slightest bit of rake in the rear. If I had to guess, I would say maybe .5" at most, but probably less. It looks very, very close to level.

Reactions: toximus
In addition to the tire size, it might be good to know the hub height. To account for wear and pressure. I'll be measuring mine soon and I expect a slightly unusual result by comparison to others.

Excellent! As this is showing there is a LOT more to nominal ride height than a simple "lift kit". Real tire size, tire wear, tire pressure, shock pressure, weight of passengers/armor/spare, etc can all have an effect.

Excellent! As this is showing there is a LOT more to nominal ride height than a simple "lift kit". Real tire size, tire wear, tire pressure, shock pressure, weight of passengers/armor/spare, etc can all have an effect.
The presence of a tummy tuck will also influence the rear ride height. That is where mine might be interesting.