What is your nominal ride height?

Pretty cool, all the differences in frame measurements. After reading the replies, I should of included that I had my full doors and hard top on when I submitted my measurement on post #5. When I go back to the factory half doors, and Safari top this spring, I may gain a little height.
I wonder how much? I will post those results when that happens.

You should be able to raise the pinion angle without sacrificing wheelbase...the Upper arms control that. Lower arms primarily set the axles fore/aft position, the uppers control rotation, and a trackbar controls the side to side motion. Now...In @jjvw's case, he's running triangulated links, so he doesn't HAVE a trackbar, but his pinion angle is still set with the upper control arms.

By raising the pinion with only the uppers and leaving the lowers you'd technically increase the wheel base due to the LCA mount location. But it's so minor it's not worth discussing.

Reactions: jjvw
You should be able to raise the pinion angle without sacrificing wheelbase...the Upper arms control that. Lower arms primarily set the axles fore/aft position, the uppers control rotation, and a trackbar controls the side to side motion. Now...In @jjvw's case, he's running triangulated links, so he doesn't HAVE a trackbar, but his pinion angle is still set with the upper control arms.
The upper and lower arms roll the pinion up or down. The upper and lower arms also extend to recover the lost wheelbase. It all happens at the same time. As with so many things, the amount of recovered wheelbase is largely influenced by the bump stop extension, along with making sure everything clears when cycling the suspension with the tires on. It's a juggling act.

I'll measure mine in a bit, but I believe it's it very close to stock at ride height. Both because the arms are longer and I cheated a tiny bit of rear wheelbase by adjusting the arms a little longer. But we are talking fractions of an inch.

17" at the bottom of the frame in front of the shovel, 16-5/8" at the back of the shovel. 1/2 tank of gas.

31x10.50 KO2's, 2/3 tread. Soft top and half doors. 14-3/4" hub height at 27 psi. Springs are H&R's.

Here is everything in order of frame height, so far. The trends are interesting.

801 Driver
Stock
235 x 75 x 15 26PSI
13.9" frame

fuse
* 31x10.50R15 tires
* Stock height with Moog "Rubicon" springs
* 14.75" frame

StG58
31x10.50 KO2's, 2/3 tread
14-3/4" hub height at 27 psi.
Springs are 1" H&R's.
Soft top and half doors. 1/2 tank gas
16.75" frame

Ranger_b0b
285/70r17 tires(at 27 PSI)
16" Hub height
OME 2" (14", 10")
17.5" frame

ElDuderino
*31x10.5x15 KO2s 5/16th tread left 29.5in from floor to top of tires currently
*3.5in Rubicon Express lift
*18in frame
Clifish
31 x 10.5 R15 @26psi
H & R 1" lift springs
2" puck lift (no original spacers)
18" to the frame

twistedlv
285/75-16 BFG km3 95% thread 26psi
3" Zone up
18" to bottom of frame

JMT
*33” Cooper STT Pro with 5/8 tread left
*2” OME HD with 1 1/16” spacer up front for 3” total SL up front and 2 1/4-2 1/2” in rear
*18 1/4” frame

gatertamer
Aztec 33's....
3" supreme suspension lift.
18 1/2" frame

bobthetj03
33" KM2's with 8/32" tread remaining, 28psi cold.
OME 2" lift, with 0.75" spacers front/rear
frame height at center, 18.5"

sjalkian
Worn down 31's measuring just under 30"
3" BDS Lift
19" frame

b0xcar
* 33" Goodyear Duratracs with 3/8 tread left @ 26psi
* Metalcloak 3.5" SL
* 19 1/16" frame

jjvw
285/75r16 tires
15" Hub height
Currie 4" (16", 12")
1" rear spacer
Relocated and tucked rear upper spring seats
Flattened rear lower spring seats
Savvy skid
=====
19.5" frame height

Jay P
33x12.50 Full tread (26psi) Hankook M/T
3” BDS- 3/4 spacers up front
19.75” frame

derekmac
35's
3" lift
20" under the center body mount.

TJDaveX
*35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR, about 90% tread left.
*Savvy/Currie 3" springs. 3/4" spacers . the tummy tuck, although it does not affect frame measurement. I have also moved the stock upper spring buckets close to centered on the rear frame arch
*20" frame.

Serbonze
Brand new 33" Cooper STT Pros
4.5" Currie Springs
21 1/8" frame

bucknut713
35s
4" lift
21.5" height

Chris
- 35X12.5R17 Goodyear KM2 Tires
- 4" Savvy Mid-Arm Lift (Currie springs)
- 22" frame

Toximus
37" MTR. 18" hub height
4" lift
22" is my frame height.

Daryl
37” Pitbull Rockers @ 22psi, 65% tread
6 inch Nth Degree lift (4" + 1.75" spacer, 2" + rear coil relocation bracket)
22-3/8” frame

Last edited:
OME 2" lift, with 0.75" spacers front/rear
33" KM2's with 8/32" tread remaining
28psi cold.
frame height at center, 18.5"

Here is everything in order of frame height, so far. The trends are interesting.
I've been wanting to run this data through Excel, and that was just what I needed. Thanks @jjvw!

Here's what the data looks like so far, if you'll excuse a little quick and dirty rounding and interpolation where the responses didn't provide exact data. Trend lines are suspect, but they make good visuals.

Lift vs Frame.jpg

Tire vs Frame.jpg

Here's a bonus comparison that we can get from the data:
Tire vs Lift.jpg

Not sure if that's useful, other than showing the breadth of the distribution.

[Edit: Added @toximus to the charts.]

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac and JMT
I've been wanting to run this data through Excel, and that was just what I needed. Thanks @jjvw!

Here's what the data looks like so far, if you'll excuse a little quick and dirty rounding and interpolation where the responses didn't provide exact data. Trend lines are suspect, but they make good visuals.

View attachment 70274View attachment 70275

Here's a bonus comparison that we can get from the data:
View attachment 70276
Not sure if that's useful, other than showing the breadth of the distribution.

Awesome! Looking at this I wonder if I should lower my frame ever so slightly.

There does seem to be some missing data though. Looking at the last chart I'm not on there. Edit: It's probably because you used the summery from jjvw which dropped that from my post.

Looking at the last chart I'm not on there. Edit: It's probably because you used the summery from jjvw which dropped that from my post.

I have you in there, but didn't get your lift height because it wasn't in jjvw's post. Without that, your data point doesn't show up on the first or third charts.

Edit: Got your lift height in. Raw data is here if anyone wants to see it. No guarantees that I interpreted everything correctly. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LsUgweI7D2UMOIeLN0bYqO7C4_NMvXw3GX4xNnI9VZo/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
An interesting thing to see on the graphs is how scattered the points are on the Tire Size vs Lift chart. For example, 33s are being run on lifts between 2-4.5". But we don't know if a body lift is included.

Frame height vs Lift is much tighter.

Reactions: JMT
An interesting thing to see on the graphs is how scattered the points are on the Tire Size vs Lift chart. 33s are being run on lifts between 2-4.5".
I suspect that some of the variation is advertised versus actual lift heights. That would explain why there's better correlation on the Tire Diameter vs Frame Height chart.

I suspect that some of the variation is advertised versus actual lift heights. That would explain why there's better correlation on the Tire Diameter vs Frame Height chart.
Likely. Something similar is happening with the tire size compared to the hub height. Accurate data would be fun to see, but it is also a lot to ask.

What would also be interesting is knowing the weight of each Jeep to see how much that effects lift height advertised vs received.

Maybe the next club outting needs to be at a weigh station and take a survey of each Jeep.

Reactions: fuse
Likely. Something similar is happening with the tire size compared to the hub height. Accurate data would be fun to see, but it is also a lot to ask.

I can't remember if I already said it, but my 37s are giving a 18" hub height.

Reactions: jjvw