What is your normal coolant temperature on the 4.0?

My Rubi holds just slightly to the right of 210, but what it seems is that is normal operating temperature?
I rarely use the AC as well. Only when I have passengers who complain or humidity is unbearable.

My Rubi holds just slightly to the right of 210, but what it seems is that is normal operating temperature?
I rarely use the AC as well. Only when I have passengers who complain or humidity is unbearable.

I would say that it is running just slightly warm and is a sign to be on the look out for a problem.

Okay. Will do.
I took it for a spin and its generally between right on the dot, or slightly on the border. Perhaps I'm reading into it wrong?
Its idling at 210 dead on at the moment.

My sense having watched mine for several years on ODBII and paying attention to others is that straight up on the dummy gauge means the temps are within range. Slightly one way it the other is slightly out of range. A large movement one way is trouble.

If you can watch the live temps on your phone, you can see when the temps climb and fall and get a feel for what might be happening.

Reactions: fuse
after watching it a bit more recently, it really doesn't do the tiny bit past 210 very often at all. the main time i noticed it was climbing a very steep hill on an 80+ degree day. had to keep the rpm up.

after watching it a bit more recently, it really doesn't do the tiny bit past 210 very often at all. the main time i noticed it was climbing a very steep hill on an 80+ degree day. had to keep the rpm up.
Likewise. The temp jumped up slightly past 210 with the AC running while driving in the sun.
I really need to insulate the black hard top...

I've been having similar issues. I was up to 235 on the highway with the AC on. The thermostat works properly. I was getting boil over into the overflow tank. I replaced the radiator cap and 2 miles later the stock original radiator cracked on top. I replaced with a Griffin aluminum radiator and temps on highway with AC got to around 224. My intake is weirdly set up with the filter sitting right on top of the valve cover. I'm installing a stock one this weekend to hopefully drop that intake air temp. I'm hoping that solved the heat issue.

I've been having similar issues. I was up to 235 on the highway with the AC on. The thermostat works properly. I was getting boil over into the overflow tank. I replaced the radiator cap and 2 miles later the stock original radiator cracked on top. I replaced with a Griffin aluminum radiator and temps on highway with AC got to around 224. My intake is weirdly set up with the filter sitting right on top of the valve cover. I'm installing a stock one this weekend to hopefully drop that intake air temp. I'm hoping that solved the heat issue.

I have added louver. I see that plenty of heat is blown out through it.
Running new autozone crappy radiator, but all cooling system is flushed with Prestone , blue devil and Evaporust, all hoses replaced, pressure tested for 0 leaks, new thermostat (Mopar), water pump (Mopar) and fan clutch (Hayden heavy duty), tested got blown head gasket, heater core bypassed because it was leaking.
Don’t see anything that even remotely smells like an overheat. Can run 75MPH on highway all day long and the temperature does not seem to move above 210F. Only times when temperature does go higher, is when I idling with AC when really hot.
I am planning on Thor Cowl Air intake. This will take the air from the cowl area, where it is always relatively cold, like ambient cold. The constant flow of cold air will reduce the overall heat load on the engine by cooling the intake manifold (also will reduce the probability of heat soak).

Flush the system with a good chemical flush and get a refund on the Griffin radiator. :rolleyes:

Why? Everyone I know has had zero complaints and only praises about the Griffin Radiator. It cooled me down 10 degrees at least. I’m thinking my problem is elsewhere..

I’d be looking at a new mopar water pump. I had my stock radiator re-cord, flushed the system, replaced the water pump and still had issues. Found the aftermarket pump wasn’t cutting it. Bought the OEM and temps dropped. Was living in Ks at the time and the summer temps were over 100 and never over 210 on the gauge after that.