What is your philosophy of life?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
First of all as far as myself I’m not going to go to deep right away- One reason is mine is fairly situational- Secondly is all of it is not etched stone- I do try to be confident in things that I care deeply about at the same time stay open minded and flexible. I’m still learning and growing.

I’m going to add something else that I really haven’t ever expressed in these words- In my 50s I’ve noticed that I’m starting to see things in life that maybe I never saw before, or maybe just never appreciated. Another way to say that is that I am becoming convinced of things that I’ve always heard because I’ve seen overtime that somethings actually do you work out like we are told. A good example is negative thinking and all the detrimental effects it has.

I have met people that had all sorts of mantras but it didn’t seem to guide the way they lived- It was sort of like it sounded good to them to hear themselves say it.

The more I think about this if I’m not careful this is going to be so general that we’re all just going to be going off in every direction - So I’m going to set the stage little bit like this and say “ what is your view on _______, And when that runs it’s course we will move on to something else or do it as the subject leads.

What is your philosophy of life toward work?

I’m going to start with this one because work is always been a big part of my life mentally and how people handle work affects me tremendously as a contractor who depends on other people to perform.

Also in America work has a lot to do with social status.

It may be later tomorrow or Monday before I can chime in because I am visiting my new grandson but I think we can all get to know each other more and maybe learn a little bit here.

My philosophy of life is that I am lost without God’s grace, plain and simple. He empowers me to succeed.

I feel pretty sure we will end up on this topic a lot....It reminds me of something my aunt said to me when I was about 26 and trying to get my life on track: God can teach you how to live.

Philosophy of Work
I work to live not live to work. Work stays at work.
Same here. When I was working, I'd give 110% at work. When I left the mine for the day, work STAYED THERE. Used to drive me nuts when the first thing people want to know about you is what you do for work. That's my work, NOT me - even though I truly enjoyed my job - and I sure as HELL don't want to talk about work when I'm not there. The ever-increasing tendency of employers thinking they own you 24/7/365 does NOT sit well with me. What I do on my own time is my own business, etc, etc. Never mind the "smartphone expectation".

8 hours work for 8 hours pay, and the relationship STOPS there.

Last edited:
F*** um if they can't take a joke.

if i cannot trust your word and a handshake, i have no use for you.

work is work if you're not gonna give what it takes, find another job.

and i'm old enough to start to entertain the idea of........ do it now or you never will.

I think my biggest overriding belief is we are all connected. We are all in this together.

Work is a big part of my life, and being self employed intensely magnifies how work goes- be friends with it. Master it as much as you can. Show it who is in control.

Maybe one of my biggest concerns in America is we don’t teach people how to work very well. We tout the benefit of certain vocations and young people go that direction with no inkling if it suits them.

Reactions: Zorba
In life, I line up with most of you. I like to help people. I treat people how I want to be treated, but I expect the same so one is not likely to get a second chance to take advantage of my kindness.

When it comes to work it's always been a business arrangement. I'm being paid for providing something they value. I learn everything I can because the more I know, the more valuable I am. When something goes wrong, I'm more concerned with correcting and preventing than finding someone to blame. My life principles show up in the way I work but work is not my identity and while I'll put in some extra hours when I'm needed, i expect the same consideration when I need to take care of personal stuff.

Life is what you make of it. In the USA we are blessed with opportunities that others in the world can only dream about. The secret to success is to work your ass off so you can reap your rewards later.
I worked 20 years in emergency rooms and treating cancer patients.
My biggest take away from this is, quit Bitching about your life because I can find 100 people who would gladly take your place.

Life is what you make of it. In the USA we are blessed with opportunities that others in the world can only dream about. The secret to success is to work your ass off so you can reap your rewards later.
I worked 20 years in emergency rooms and treating cancer patients.
My biggest take away from this is, quit Bitching about your life because I can find 100 people who would gladly take your place.

His post is the Gospel truth. My wife is an oncology nurse- she has no sympathy for my little ailments- a tumor “might “ get me an ibuprofen… if it is malignant 😣…my point being she, like you, has seen, heard and lived through enough she knows life is precious, there is no promise of health, death is certain eventually anyway, and most of us have no real problems- especially here in America.

It grieves me that we have entire media streams dedicated to whining and crying. That is pretty blame sad- there is no end to what might happen or how things might be better, etc.

It also makes me think that before we die we might realize how pitifully we used the chance to live. That thought haunts me.

Many people never live , they stay mired in their own self created drama, and the highlight of their day is taking a 20 minute bathroom break to play on their phone.

I also believe in getting in the game. If I end up beaten, filthy and worn out I still know I did my best.

Last edited:
i need to be, again.
i don't like being told to cut corners, the downside is i am an SOB to work for because i expect you to care like i do.

I’ve been that guy a lot of times over the years- it isn’t fun to be paying people to drill holes in your boat. Honestly the sloppiness and unconsciousness of others has been a mental cloud over my life as long as I’ve owned my own business.

I try to make it fun, but first it needs to be profitable and if you don’t get paid or lose money it is a hard road. I won’t pretend to be good with that - Other reason is it is another sign that you’re not serving your client well too- that is miserable if you have any pride at all.

Great posts guys. Love it.

His post is the Gospel truth. My wife is an oncology nurse- she has no sympathy for my little ailments- a tumor “might “ get me an inbuprofen… if it is malignant 😣…my point being she, like you, has seen, heard and lived through enough she knows life is precious, there is no promise of health, death is certain eventually anyway, and most of us have no real problems- especially here in America.

It grieves me that we have entire media streams dedicated to whining and crying. That is pretty blame sad- there is no end to what might happen or how things might be better, etc.

It also makes me think that before we die we might realize how pitifully we used the chance to live. That thought haunts me.

Many people never live , they stay mired in their own self created drama, and the highlight of their day is taking a 20 minute bathroom break to play on their phone.

I also believe in getting in the game. If I end up beaten, filthy and worn out I still know I did my best.

Why do you hate bathrooms :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AndyG