What JBL speakers for my TJ?

Carson.bub

Anyone know of good jbl speakers that I can get because I heard that they are good from a friend that had them I want front and rear jbl . Let me know what I need to complete the set for all 4

I heard they are good also I just want something that’s has good bass for now . I have a Kenwood stereo but until then I just want some good speakers to hold me over with. I use crutchfield with all my audio products if you know of any good front and rear speakers let me know . Thanks

I heard they are good also I just want something that’s has good bass for now . I have a Kenwood stereo but until then I just want some good speakers to hold me over with. I use crutchfield with all my audio products if you know of any good front and rear speakers let me know . Thanks
Polk are nice also there is a link on here for some from England that are highly recommended if you can listen to them , that is a much nicer option. Your ear is also different than mine or others.

Polk are nice also there is a link on here for some from England that are highly recommended if you can listen to them , that is a much nicer option. Your ear is also different than mine or others.
Where’s the link? 😀

In a posting or in the classified/for sale area?

Thanks for the reply, could you please send the link I don’t see it . Also would you say the Polk has good bass for the front and rear ? Can I get them in stock sizing and do they come with wiring and the adapters ?

How much power are you driving them with? Polks are a good starting place.
I don’t understand the power part I just look up like the speakers on crutchfield and add them to my cart and see what is the designed fit and do research before buying I’m new at this audio stuff

I believe the members name was skrelink or close to that. He has great knowledge about this subject .

Reactions: MrMark52
I don’t understand the power part I just look up like the speakers on crutchfield and add them to my cart and see what is the designed fit and do research before buying I’m new at this audio stuff
You say you like Crutchfield? Call them and ask questions. Speakers need power to drive them. Not enough power and you aren't getting your money's worth. Too much power and you risk damaging them.

Reactions: Moon Eyes
Will these new speakers be connected to the factory radio? If it's an aftermarket radio do you know its RMS wattage level for each channel? There is critical speaker specification known as its Sensitivity rating and the lower the radio's RMS wattage output rating the more critical it becomes. If you're using the factory radio or an aftermarket radio by itself without an aux amplifier, make sure the Sensitivity ration is 90 dB (decibel) or higher. A 90-93 dB Sensitivity rating is what you're looking for when you don't have high power amplifier.

No, lower than 90 dB will not be acceptable for a head unit by itself. One with even an 87 dB Sensitivity rating will require literally/exactly double the power to play at the same level as a speaker with a 90 dB Sensitivity rating. Polk's DB and DBM speakers have 90 dB or higher ratings, so does Kicker but I like Polk speakers better.

Best way to insure you get the best sounding system for your budget is to ask for Free Advise from the techs at Crutchfield and they’ll make a couple suggestions and explain why you should consider them based on your head units power output… it’s a lot more complex question than simply asking what’s the best speakers for my Jeep.

Polks seem to be the favorite of most members here. I switched over to Polk components and I'm pleased with the sound from them. I switched from CS Kickers...

Reactions: Jerry Bransford