What Jeep mods will you be doing with your government stimulus cash?

Enjoy it I don't think I will qualify for any $$ and since my kids are older I don't get any of that money either. Shit

Reactions: Fonz54
I must disagree with on this. The inflation is going to be sudden.

Previously the government only bailed out corporations. Corporations are shrewd in how they spend their cash.

Normal people aren't good with money. They will get this lump of cash and spend it frivilously on lottery tickets, video games, cigarettes, and liquor.

I think while your theory might be valid according to theoretical economics, we really won't see that kind of inflation in the US. Look at the price of 10-year treasury notes. Close to record lows. When things get bad, corporations put their money in the safest place possible: US government debt. Conservatives were screaming about inflation fears under Obama, but it never happened even with the stimulus package and increased social safety net spending. Even with enormous deficits under Trump, inflation has remained extremely low. As long as we print our own money, and as long as our debt is in our own currency, it's going to take a lot more than a stimulus package to cause the kind of inflation you're talking about.

Remember that the government *wants* people to spend that stimulus check. They don't want you to stick it in savings, where it won't directly help the economy. The point is to spend it at stores to keep them from laying off jobs. Whether that is lottery tickets, video games, cigarettes, liquor, or jeep parts, it really doesn't matter as long as that cash is pumped back into the economy.

I think while your theory might be valid according to theoretical economics, we really won't see that kind of inflation in the US. Look at the price of 10-year treasury notes. Close to record lows. When things get bad, corporations put their money in the safest place possible: US government debt. Conservatives were screaming about inflation fears under Obama, but it never happened even with the stimulus package and increased social safety net spending. Even with enormous deficits under Trump, inflation has remained extremely low. As long as we print our own money, and as long as our debt is in our own currency, it's going to take a lot more than a stimulus package to cause the kind of inflation you're talking about.

Remember that the government *wants* people to spend that stimulus check. They don't want you to stick it in savings, where it won't directly help the economy. The point is to spend it at stores to keep them from laying off jobs. Whether that is lottery tickets, video games, cigarettes, liquor, or jeep parts, it really doesn't matter as long as that cash is pumped back into the economy.

That's how I see it too.

Macroeconomics are weird. You can do crazy things at the national level that would totally bankrupt an individual or even a corporation, but no problem at all when you print the money. It's not that simple of course but yeah, they play by different rules. Dozens of theories on how it all works, none of them hold up all the time. It is interesting that the Obama stimulus package seems to have had little to no inflation associated with it. The economy as a whole didn't exactly come roaring back though, so it's benefits were dubious as well. Some people benefited of course, but in the big picture it seems like all it did was shuffle some numbers around. I have a feeling Trump's stimulus package will turn out about the same. At least he's throwing some of it at individuals that actually need it.

Reactions: HardSell and bromel
Edit: I keep forgetting this is a stimulus. It’s hard to believe how fast it’s all happened.

Last edited:
Just bought
1” body lift and MML, anyone have some good recommendations? I want to change out the body bushings at the same time I got a couple which are blown.
I just bought the Savvy BL, MORE MML and waiting in new body bushings. The motor mounts and Savvy BL kit are really well made.

I figured out why there is not any toilet paper. The Stimulus Bill is over 800 pages. Imagine how many copies of that mother were printed. Maybe they can distribute copies along with checks that could be used for TP in a pinch!

Unfortunately we had some unexpected expenses timed exactly with spending a lot of our cash to buy a house so I'm likely to do exactly what the government doesn't want and use it to replenish the emergency fund.

Reactions: rasband
Anything short of hording that little bit of cash or stocking up on toilet paper and paying rent/mortgage is irresponsible at this given point. Things may change in a week or three, but for now an extra pack of Oscar Meyer wieners will do more for your family than new chrome lug nuts.

Well since I am already supported by the Government in my monthly checks I really wasn't thinking I would get a stim check. But then again I am reading that I still might.
If I do I'll pay off the new stove I just had to buy that was a unplanned expense. Don't drop a pot onto your glasstop cook stove as it will break. But it was 15 years old and I needed to replace it soon anyhow. It took money out of my Jeep fund so replacing that money would be great.

giphy.gif

Well to just add to this debuckle I just got a letter from the VA telling me they "F" up and collected too much money for a debt I had said I didn't owe anyhow so now I am getting my own Jeep stimulus payment.....😍🤪❤❤ Getting enough funds to start the flow of parts for the rebuild.