What kind of lubricant would be ideal for minivan sliding doors?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Unlike some Dad’s I actually enjoy minivans, crazy, huh?

Anyways, I would like to grease the tracks on the sliding doors just to keep them gliding smooth. I am wondering what would be the right type of lubricant or grease to use for this application?

Anyways, I would like to grease the tracks on the sliding doors just to keep them gliding smooth. I am wondering what would be the right type of lubricant or grease to use for this application?

Typically the dealers uses a type of lithium spray grease. At least that's what Dodge dealer I worked for when I was a teen had us spray on the used vehicle sliders and squeaky door hinges.

Reactions: L J and Chris
Errr...I thought seafoam fixed everything :cautious: Dry graphite kinda stuff so road grime dont accumulate on the grease. Used this on my old chevy 4x4 van side slider.

Reactions: Chris
Lake water. I’d start at the top of the boat ramp and let it go. Best place I can think of for a mini van :ROFLMAO:
Of course if you must keep and drive a mini van I’d go with the previous recommendations and use white lithium.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
(Improper use of possessive ;) ) Minivans are actually a better choice for many/most people over the ubiquitous SUVs/Crossovers. Larger inside, better mileage, more comfortable, more versatile. Just don't tow with it or take it off road!

Reactions: Woodrow and Chris
Supposedly this stuff is meant for the rubber door seals and not the tracks itself. That’s what people say throughout the Internet. Still going to buy it though. Its time to do the rubber seals as well.
I have a tube of the BMW version of the ShinEtsu grease. I would never put it on door seals. It goopy and stays put. Maybe the Honda version is different. I like this on door seals:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B8GTQG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Chris
The Sprinter people seem to like "McLube Dry Sailcote" (marine lubricant), and for the rubber parts a product called "Gummi Pflege".

Gummi Pflege works great, I've got a bunch of it. I'll check that McLube Dry Sailcote out as well.

I was just about to post the same thing, it does not attract dirt.

Didn't think about that, thanks for the suggestion!

(Improper use of possessive ;) ) Minivans are actually a better choice for many/most people over the ubiquitous SUVs/Crossovers. Larger inside, better mileage, more comfortable, more versatile. Just don't tow with it or take it off road!

bfdb33d5a3c7792eec440a322579c6c5-2005328436.jpg
True for the most part , but I think it depends on your minivan .:p

When you fold down all the seats it has more room than most pickups. I've used it to haul some pretty large things. At first I hated the idea of a minivan. After driving one for years now I have to say I'm quite impressed. It's one of those hidden secrets in the automotive world it would seem. I've embraced my inner dad.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and reddvltj
Triflow is an excellent lube for various things.

Triflow kicks butt !
I used WD-40 and spray lithium on Chevy square body trucks hood hinges monthly, to prevent the dreaded hood kinks.
Some one gave me a can of Triflow , so I tried it on the hinges. The damn hood wouldn't stay up all the way for over a year.
No more hood kink worries, I never lubed the hinges again for the next 7 years !!!!!
This crap really works.

• Wow
Reactions: Farmergreg