What length kinetic rope is right for a TJ?

You'll have to look at the rope company website, but I think most recommend 7/8-1" for vehicles weights like Jeeps, 1/2 ton trucks and average size SUVs. Length is going to be somewhat your choice. In rocky and/or tight environments, the shorter 20' might be better. Mud/sand/snow the 30' will give you extra distance. Personally, I carry a 20' kinetic rope and a 30' tow strap which could be linked together if needed in an effort to have the best of both.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Did they make 4-door TJs? ;)

1672153132207.jpeg

I have a 30' Yankum 1" and a 20' Rhino 7/8".

Length is very helpful for snow and mud. Sometimes you need that run out distance and kinetic energy to break suction. Sometimes you need the length to get the other vehicle far enough away to get traction.

We started with a 30' Yankum. It's smooth... works great. Takes up a lot of space.

Recently bought a 20' Rhino. It was a LOT cheaper. Doesn't seem to have a smooth pull...but hard to compare different lengths equally. Lot easier to store. Certain situations we get in where a shorter rope is helpful. Bought the Rhino so my wife would always have recovery gear in her Jeep...since the main stash is in my TJ.

-Mac

Reactions: Boomer453