What manual shifter knob do you have?

New for 2024. 🤫
Trump knob (2).jpg

I liked the stock shifter, but I wanted to replace the boot, so I had to tear it up and get a new one. I now have a JDM car shifter and didn't realize how small it was, though it's pretty solid for 10 bucks. Might try to find a stock replacement, though.

20211128_080036.jpg

I liked the stock shifter, but I wanted to replace the boot, so I had to tear it up and get a new one. I now have a JDM car shifter and didn't realize how small it was, though it's pretty solid for 10 bucks. Might try to find a stock replacement, though.

View attachment 292931

Love that shift boot! Where can I get one and how do I convert from my stock rubber accordion boot to leather??

Reactions: John Cooper
Love that shift boot! Where can I get one and how do I convert from my stock rubber accordion boot to leather??
I got it from Redline Goods and they have an installation guide. Just a heads up if you're gonna get any leather boot and it seems too small, just soak it in warm water and stretch it over.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
So this brings up a question... I have done it for years with no issues, but I drive with my elbow on the console arm rest, and my hand resting on the shifter never a problem... but get tons of nagging that I'll wear out the gears, etc. (Have had TJ since new and have over 130k on it...) Now, a lot of these shift knobs weigh more that what I'm resting on the shifter than with my hand, plus these bounce around, etc...

Is the potential damage just a myth then?

And to stay on topic... I just have the stock shift knobs...

So this brings up a question... I have done it for years with no issues, but I drive with my elbow on the console arm rest, and my hand resting on the shifter never a problem... but get tons of nagging that I'll wear out the gears, etc. (Have had TJ since new and have over 130k on it...) Now, a lot of these shift knobs weigh more that what I'm resting on the shifter than with my hand, plus these bounce around, etc...

Is the potential damage just a myth then?

And to stay on topic... I just have the stock shift knobs...

My Dad would often tell me about my grandpa who would punch him for doing that.

man thats awesome. maybe we could make one with biden on it. it could also be used as a butt plug for the girlfriend ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: hey this could be my million dollar ideer. what self respecting California homosexual wouldn't want a JOE BIDEN butt plug ? move over Gates and Soros i'm moving up on the worlds richest people list !