What manual shifter knob do you have?

Tigerman

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Hi all,

A month ago I was in Las Vegas for some conferences. I took the Jeep with me and explored some nice trails out there. When I finished the last trail I noticed that my shift knob was making a mosquito like noise at speed. Long story short, it was the nut inside the shift knob. It was loose and wobbling around due to normal vibrations. Fixed it, but then I realized that I did not care much for the stock shift knob.

What kind of a shift knob do you guys have? Which one do you find to be the most comfortable? Heavier or lighter, round 8 ball like or more ergonomic design? Pics would be awesome!

So far I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0WD6IO/?tag=wranglerorg-20 , just to try it out, but I have a feeling there are much better ones.

Thanks

I ordered a SickSpeed knob this summer. Really liked it for the time I had it on. I liked the round ball and the extra weight. I took it off and put the stock one back on purely for sentimental reasons. I would highly recommend SickSpeed. The only downside is that they are fairly expensive. If you’re interested in a white knob with green lettering, I’ll send you mine for whatever it costs to ship it.

EDIT: I guess the knobs aren’t actually as expensive as I remember. The one I have is only $26 new. Probably doesn’t make much sense for me to ship mine around at that price as the shipping would be nearly as expensive as getting a new one. If anyone wants it and is fairly close, lemme know. It just sits in my glovebox so come and take it.

Last edited:
I ordered a SickSpeed knob this summer. Really liked it for the time I had it on. I liked the round ball and the extra weight. I took it off and put the stock one back on purely for sentimental reasons. I would highly recommend SickSpeed. The only downside is that they are fairly expensive. If you’re interested in a white knob with green lettering, I’ll send you mine for whatever it costs to ship it.

It is not this one is it? LMAO
Screenshot from 2018-10-18 21-27-02.png

EDIT: I guess the knobs aren’t actually as expensive as I remember. The one I have is only $26 new. Probably doesn’t make much sense for me to ship mine around at that price. If anyone wants it and is fairly close, lemme know. Otherwise I’ll just keep it.
I got the transfer case shift knob in this photo, but didn't end up using it. If you get the SickSpeed tranny shift knob pictured and want to match it with the other, let me know...
bb2c15f7-4cbb-44c2-96a3-e1ce421ff1f5.jpg

I have a stock shifter and like it. I really liked when those rock knobs came out, thought those were perfect but when you order one, they just grab one and send it. I'd probably have one if I could pick it out myself.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I have a stock shifter and like it. I really liked when those rock knobs came out, thought those were perfect but when you order one, they just grab one and send it. I'd probably have one if I could pick it out myself.

My son got it for me many Father’s Days ago, so even if I hadn’t liked it, I’d run it. This one has Kokopelli on the face and the rock has just the right groove for my thumb, so it worked out great.

I bought a rock knob from a guy who collects the rocks as he sees them while offroading, some are pretty cool. It's hard to see it but he had somehow engraved a very cool outline of a Jeep with big tires onto its face. I no longer run a manual transmission so it's languishing in my junk box, I might put it up on eBay and try to get a bidding war on it lol, it's pretty cool with its Jeep engraving.

Shiftknob.jpg

I bought a rock knob from a guy who collects the rocks as he sees them while offroading, some are pretty cool. It's hard to see it but he had somehow engraved a very cool outline of a Jeep with big tires onto its face. I no longer run a manual transmission so it's languishing in my junk box, I might put it up on eBay and try to get a bidding war on it lol, it's pretty cool with its Jeep engraving.

View attachment 59478

If you want to sell it, I just might be interested lol