What Manual Transmission for an LS Swap?

I believe the AX15 that Novak sells is the same as the "Terminator AX15" that Rockland Standard Gear sells.
It's the Toyota version which I think they used behind the V8 trucks.
Anyway. I had this trans in my old TJ that I parted out.
I sold the complete drivetrain (AX15, 241OR, Super8.8, HP30) to a fellow jeeper.
He did a GM 6.0 swap in his Jeep. Everything held up fine behind the 6.0.

That is good information for the OP. I knew that the AX15 shared parts with the Toyota transmission but not exactly how.

I should also note, I have been talking with George at Rockland Standard Gear’s performance division and they are working on a 5-speed transmission that is rated for 600ft/lb that can fit in a TJ with no modifications. This is NOT the AX15 terminator. Last I talked to them in May it sounded like they were close to releasing it. Not sure if its a clean sheet design or based on an existing design.

I should also note, I have been talking with George at Rockland Standard Gear’s performance division and they are working on a 5-speed transmission that is rated for 600ft/lb that can fit in a TJ with no modifications. This is NOT the AX15 terminator. Last I talked to them in May it sounded like they were close to releasing it. Not sure if its a clean sheet design or based on an existing design.
Specs! 1st gear ratio?

Let me tell you about "crawling" in a manual versus an auto :LOL:
What auto trans do you guys run?jerry and/or Chris...I’ve had three Jeep’s,all long whlbase(73 commando 83 scrambler and my current LJ)all manuals as well as a68 suburban yrs ago,also manual...and I know that shaking calf syndrome you get when you’re ina steep spot!if( when)I build a more strictly off-road ride I would go auto...advice?

What auto trans do you guys run?jerry and/or Chris...I’ve had three Jeep’s,all long whlbase(73 commando 83 scrambler and my current LJ)all manuals as well as a68 suburban yrs ago,also manual...and I know that shaking calf syndrome you get when you’re ina steep spot!if( when)I build a more strictly off-road ride I would go auto...advice?
I have a 42RLE in mine.

If you’re focused mostly on off-road, the auto is the wiser choice IMHO.

I have a 42RLE in mine.

If you’re focused mostly on off-road, the auto is the wiser choice IMHO.
Is this behind th 6?also:have you put custom gear ratios in er or does it have a good stock low.I could look this all up but,hey,you’re runnin one so,talk to someone who runs one yk?

Is this behind th 6?also:have you put custom gear ratios in er or does it have a good stock low.I could look this all up but,hey,you’re runnin one so,talk to someone who runs one yk?
Yes, factory 4.0 and 4.88 gears. Off-road it’s absolutely perfect. On-road is great as long as you turn overdrive off.

Reactions: kenosha whiz six
_nc_ohc=JBNaWG7EhSQAX8axXDS&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg