• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What mileage is too high for a 2016 Rubicon?

freddyspaghetti

Hey all! I am in the market for a Wrangler and am fairly new to it so I thought I'd ask seasoned Jeep enthusiasts. I have come across one at a dealer near me, went to test drive it and check it out, and it looks and drives amazing. It's a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon for 28k, sounds great BUT it has 105k miles on it already. I've read that the national average is 12k to 15k a year, which puts this car waaay beyond the average for it's age. Is it worth it though? Do Jeeps age well after being driven a lot? At what mileage would this car be considered at the end of it's life expectancy and need to be got rid of for a newer model? Should I go ahead and make the purchase?

Thanks!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
You joined the wrong forum ;)

This is a TJ forum for 97-06 model Wranglers (known as TJs). The one you want to join is this site:

That is the sister site to TJ forum (the one you're on now), and is for 2007-2018 model Wranglers (known as JKs).

However, to answer your question, a 2016 with that many miles is almost certainly mostly highway miles. That being said, as long as the vehicle has actual maintenance records, I wouldn't be worried about it. However, I'd also offer considerably less for it, as those miles are very, very high for being a 2016.

OP
F

freddyspaghetti

Oops! Yeah I kind of tried while at the dealership, we sat down and the sales person did the numbers, they said they couldn't go lower really. I mean it felt to me like it was in great shape honestly, it was actually surprisingly smooth to drive and very responsive. I don't know, the mileage just scared me a little bit.

lowranger

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Oops! Yeah I kind of tried while at the dealership, we sat down and the sales person did the numbers, they said they couldn't go lower really. I mean it felt to me like it was in great shape honestly, it was actually surprisingly smooth to drive and very responsive. I don't know, the mileage just scared me a little bit.
They can go lower, they just don't want to.

Reactions: Chapman4266

Starrs

TJ Expert
Way overpriced for that many miles. Prices for jk rubicons are already coming down. You would only be able to sell that for 21-22k if you tried to sell it on your own. That’s crazy lol

Reactions: DrDmoney

Tjrubicon

Something clever
Supporting Member
Seems high, I’d keep looking. My friend just sold his JKU Sport for $26,000 with 32k miles. He bought a new 2019 JLUR for $39k.

AndyG

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Way overpriced for that many miles. Prices for jk rubicons are already coming down. You would only be able to sell that for 21-22k if you tried to sell it on your own. That’s crazy lol
He’s dead right . That’s not even close to a good deal. I came close to buying a 2016 Rubi with 35,000 miles for about 30k. I wouldn’t even consider that deal , or likely any jk with miles that high...why? Because they have sold so well you just don’t have to. They are out there , and typically very well treated . Many hardly driven.